Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anzhofen Is Coming To Intel Atom Netbooks

Phoronix: Anzhofen Is Coming To Intel Atom Netbooks

Tomorrow we will be formally releasing Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 "Lenvik" as a quarterly update to our testing software that brings many major improvements. Later this month we will be releasing PTS Desktop Live 2010.1 "Anzhofen" as the second release of our Linux LiveDVD/USB distribution that is designed to carry out Linux benchmarking in a completely standardized software stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Isn't here a conflict? AFAIK Intel doesn't let the 64-bit capable atoms in netbooks.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Isn't here a conflict? AFAIK Intel doesn't let the 64-bit capable atoms in netbooks.
      PTS Netbook Live is spun for i686.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Where do you get the codenames from?

I'm from Bavaria and well, while I think it's nice that you chose the name of a Bavarian "City", I'd like to ask why it's the name of a small village in the middle of nowhere ?

Comment

Originally posted by satan0rx View Post
          Where do you get the codenames from?
          Codename summary:

Phoronix Test Suite 1.x codenames were Trondheim, Malvik, Orkdal, Tydal, and Selbu. These are towns within S?r-Tr?ndelag, Norway.

Phoronix Test Suite 2.x codenames so far Sandtorg, Bardu, and Lenvik. These are towns within Troms, Norway. This theme will continue until Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 when it changes up again.

PTS Desktop Live releases to date have all been towns within Bayern: Gernlinden, Loderhof, and Anzhofen. This theme will continue until the 2011.x releases or once Bavaria stops producing good beers , haven't decided yet.

I'm from Bavaria and well, while I think it's nice that you chose the name of a Bavarian "City", I'd like to ask why it's the name of a small village in the middle of nowhere ?
          My codename scheme tends to follow picking cities from a particular state/region for a given period of releases. Either towns that I have been to and like or just town names that sound well, unique, and just aren't incredibly common (don't wait for a PTS Desktop "Munich" release).

Prost,
          Michael
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Yes I hope we will NEVER stop making good beer.

Only Anzhofen sounded a bit strange to me 'cause that's like 5 houses or so...

Just a question: have you been some time in the region of Munich? I know names like Anzhofen & Gernlinden cause I used to live there for like 24 years ... (or do you look this names up somewhere?)

Comment

Yes I hope we will NEVER stop making good beer.
              What's your favorite? Franziskaner and Augustiner here...

Just a question: have you been some time in the region of Munich? I know names like Anzhofen & Gernlinden cause I used to live there for like 24 years ... (or do you look this names up somewhere?)
              I'm in Munich / Bavaria a couple times a year. Never to Anzhofen though, I didn't realize it was *that* small.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Augustiner (Helles + Edelstoff)!

I don't like "Wei?bier" (what's that called in English?), so I do not like Franziskaner...

And unfortunately I moved away from Munich (400km), so I can't get Augustiner that easy . But I'm visiting my parents regularly (at leas once a month), so there is my chance to get Augustiner.

And here is the irony: In the place where I live I can't get Augustiner, but more than enough Franziskaner.

About Anzhofen: You will only find a street on Google Maps. Fortunately there is OSM.

I do not find it bad that you used it's name, I wast just very surprised.

And here is some information for anyone that wants to follow this discussion:

Go to http://www.openstreetmap.org/.

Find Munich (M?nchen)
                Zoom in on Munich
                Find Gr?benzell (NWW of Munich)
                Zoom in on Gr?benzell
                Find Olching (NWW of Gr?benzell) and Zoom In
                Find Maisach and Zoom in on Maisach (until you can see houses!)
                Find Anzbach (north of Maisach, a single road ends there)

Comment

Not Anzbach, Anzhofen of course. OMG.

Comment

Augustiner (Helles + Edelstoff)!

I don't like "Wei?bier" (what's that called in English?), so I do not like Franziskaner...
                    Wheat beer

And unfortunately I moved away from Munich (400km), so I can't get Augustiner that easy . But I'm visiting my parents regularly (at leas once a month), so there is my chance to get Augustiner.
                    Surprisingly I can get Augustiner imported to one shop here in Chicago, but it's at about a +300% cost of what I pay for a bottle in Munich.

And here is some information for anyone that wants to follow this discussion:

Go to http://www.openstreetmap.org/.

Find Munich (M?nchen)
                    Zoom in on Munich
                    Find Gr?benzell (NWW of Munich)
                    Zoom in on Gr?benzell
                    Find Olching (NWW of Gr?benzell) and Zoom In
                    Find Maisach and Zoom in on Maisach (until you can see houses!)
                    Find Anzbach (north of Maisach, a single road ends there)
                    Actually, I have been right by Anzhofen before... I knew it was in Bavaria and close to Munich but until looking at a map and your directions I didn't realize it was that close to Gr?benzell/Maisach/Olching/Gernlinden.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X