• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you pastebin your xorg log ?
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by nbi1 View Post
      What exactly is the name of the package you think I'm missing?

I installed a bunch of packages per the dialogue with Bridgman and the driver corresponding to the git master built cleanly and is now installed.
      But the problems I initially reported still persist.

Are you saying that yet another package is needed to resolve these problems?
      Try xutils-dev ? The package names are often distro-specific unfortunately.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Try xutils-dev ? The package names are often distro-specific unfortunately.
        Already installed. Like I said all the missing packages were installed.

I don't think you'll find anything enlightening in my Xorg.log since it does not contain anything fan/temp related, but I'd be happy to pastebin if someone explains how (I don't see a html editor control for that).

Comment

Go to http://pastebin.com (or any of the other pastebin sites; .ca, .de etc...).

You'll see text box on the web form.

Copy the xorg log from your system and paste it into the text box.

Hit "send" or "submit" depending on the site; you'll get back a URL.

Paste that URL here.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Go to http://pastebin.com (or any of the other pastebin sites; .ca, .de etc...).

You'll see text box on the web form.

Copy the xorg log from your system and paste it into the text box.

Hit "send" or "submit" depending on the site; you'll get back a URL.

Paste that URL here.
            Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

The options are enabled fine:
              (II) RADEON(0): Dynamic Power Management Enabled
              (II) RADEON(0): Force Low Power Mode Enabled

The xorg macros are required to build the driver. You need a certain xorg macros package, but you can build against just about any xserver. It looks like you already sorted that out though.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                The options are enabled fine:
                (II) RADEON(0): Dynamic Power Management Enabled
                (II) RADEON(0): Force Low Power Mode Enabled

The xorg macros are required to build the driver. You need a certain xorg macros package, but you can build against just about any xserver. It looks like you already sorted that out though.
                Not perfect, but definitely better behaved than with the previous Radeon driver. The crazy racing behavior of the fan is definitely gone. The 2D performance actually seems quite good. The image quality could be better, it seems faintly (barely perceptible) grainy and not as sharp as fglrx. Maybe contrast needs a boost? Overall pretty good and since I have no need for 3D I'll probably stick with it since it doesn't suffer the build fiascos of fglrx.

Comment

Working...
                X