Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    update:

solved it by adding a rejected / not cleanly applying line from the patch for 2.6.31 / 2.6.32 for 9.11 / 9.12

so 10.1 also works with 2.6.33-rc* kernels !
    Any chance you can share the patch? I'm running Debian Squeeze with an ATI card and having the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by esheesle View Post
      Any chance you can share the patch? I'm running Debian Squeeze with an ATI card and having the same problem.
      sure

take a look at bugs.gentoo.org

Comment

sure

So in that thread it says you still need to downgrade to an older xorg version. Did you do this?

Was your issue the Undefined symbol UpdateSprite issue many people are experiencing?

Comment

cont...

sure

Was your issue prior to this patch the failed to load fglrx driver because of Undefined symbol UpdateSprite.... or was it just a kernel version issue? Did you have to downgrade Xorg as indicated in that thread?

Comment

Originally posted by esheesle View Post
            So in that thread it says you still need to downgrade to an older xorg version. Did you do this?

Was your issue the Undefined symbol UpdateSprite issue many people are experiencing?
            in some way yes:

immediately since Xorg 7.5 became available (the rc, etc.) I upgraded and tested it & it didn't work so I added it to /etc/portage/package.mask (masked it & downgraded)

I don't know anymore which error message it was - that was a few months ago,

since then I've been using xorg-server 1.6.5

Comment

a beta release after 10.1. Found link on arch forum. Any ideas what the changes are?

Comment

Working...
              X