No announcement yet.

Radeon Gallium on ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marek I guess - as he is more or less the only one actively working on the driver

Comment

• running lates -gallium, no more screen corruption. GOOD!

I was able to run lightsmark 2008 and my X1800 XT scored 15 fps at 800x600. Most scenes were showing 5 fps.

Comment

• I have a RC410 IGP, and, despite not working properly, I can tell gallium has progressed. Back when xorg-edgers put gallium in a separate package, I tried it and compiz and glxgears gave me corruption. Earlier today I tried them and glxgears didn't render properly (gears were all white and the background was chromatic blue/pink/green/etc), and compiz would just show me the gnome-panel theme (but no icons or text on it), a blue wallpaper and gnome terminal's silhouette. Well... not useable at all but an improvement as it actually rendered something.

Comment

• I get the white gears and chromatic background with the gears as well. Kwin 3D effects work rather well and with no issue, but other than that no other 3D app. is usable (they either don't run or are massively distorted). RS480 with latest xorg-edgers gallium packages.

Comment

• Hey guys, I've committed a couple of fixes for chipsets without TCL (Xpress series, RSxxx and RCxxx). I think it's stable enough to run openarena without misrendering or lockups.

If you had installed llvm-dev and compile Mesa with --enable-gallium-llvm, you'll get a nice performance boost. This only applies to non-TCL chipsets.

Comment

• I tried r300g with the xorg-edgers ppa, but the mouse isn't really usable in games like Teeworlds. I don't really know how to describe it, there is a kind of delay. Is it a known bug?

However it seems to render well the games I tried.

Comment

• Any chance you have software rendering ?
                Test signature

Comment

• With the latest gallium xorg-edgers updates I'm now able to run glxgears with none of that color anomaly. The Age of Decadence combat demo (through WINE) works again with the update. Will try some of my other games latter today.

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    Any chance you have software rendering ?
                    How can I check that?

Comment

• Run glxinfo and look for the "renderer" line in the output.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X