X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    R500, Mesa 7.7

Somebody mentioned 7.7 r300 gallium should be usable. I guess not
    Using r300g from Mesa 7.7 is like eating a two-year-old undercooked pizza. Bon appetit.

Originally posted by nhaehnle View Post
    Producing a useful back-trace via gdb would be the most important thing. Looks like you're using a 64 bit system, I don't know if any of the developers is testing this on 64 bit (I'm certainly not). So it might be a rather simple thing that you can fix yourself and provide a patch for.
    I use a 64 bit system exclusively.

Originally posted by pejakm View Post
    Tried, and it's pretty much the same: with radeong I get half of the FPS I get with classic driver, playing Counter Strike.
    Wow, I didn't know Counter Strike is working with r300g. Are there any visual errors? If you want some more performance, try the following branch, it's still hot:

-Marek

Comment

Originally posted by Eosie View Post
      Wow, I didn't know Counter Strike is working with r300g. Are there any visual errors? If you want some more performance, try the following branch, it's still hot:

Didn't notice any visual errors, my brother play games more than I, I'll ask him.

Thanks for the link, I'll try and post back the results...

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
        No? It's working for me here, and has been for a few weeks already.
        It only works when you anable it _after_ logging in though.

But what's much more awesome: HoN finally started working! Well, kinda. :P
        With Kernel 2.6.33-rc6 and the latest git master checkouts of mesa, libdrm and radeon it finally starts, and I even get to see the main menu and click on things etc. It's all pretty black though.

As you can see I'm currently updating to the newest HoN (haven't played in a while) so I can try out in-game as well. I don't have much hope though, it's probably gonna die horribly.
        I was testing it with a friend yesterday, and HoN was very close to working. The menu was almost-perfect (all in color, etc), we noticed very few visual bugs, but when we tried to start a game, after the loading bar hit 100% the game bailed out.

But still, comparing it with your all-black-with-text-on-it screenshot, it's getting there!

Comment

I can get Yo Frankie! working with very minor glitching.

Exciting, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
            I was testing it with a friend yesterday, and HoN was very close to working. The menu was almost-perfect (all in color, etc), we noticed very few visual bugs, but when we tried to start a game, after the loading bar hit 100% the game bailed out.

But still, comparing it with your all-black-with-text-on-it screenshot, it's getting there!
            Sweet! I long for the day I can finally dump fglrx.

Comment

Originally posted by madman2k View Post
              git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa
              ./autogen.sh
              ./configure --enable-gallium-radeon --with-state-trackers=dri,glx
              cd mesa/lib/gallium/
              ln -s radeong_dri.so r300_dri.so
              export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=<PATH TO>/mesa/lib/gallium/

the applications you start from this console will use gallium now. check with glxinfo for GL2.1

AFAIK there are no packages yet.
              I make it, but it gives
              OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
              OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (RS780 9614) 20090101 TCL DRI2
              OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.0 Mesa 7.8-devel)
              OpenGL extensions:...
              at glxinfo. Also says
              "direct rendering: No"
              with this hack.
              Whats wrong?

Comment

you have to remove fglrx (or workaround its libGL)

Comment

I don't have fglrx for the months. And removed it already.
                  And I can verify that my libGL is from mesa trunk.

Comment

I run glxinfo utility with strace and see that:
                    open("/home/compile/svn/gallium/lib64/gallium/r600_dri.so", O_RDONLY) = 4
                    and doesn't try to open any other r600_dri.so,
                    So I think radeong_dri.so initiated successfully but gallium doesn't want to run I think.
                    Weird.

Comment

Not so wierd, I think. Nobody has written a Gallium3D driver for 6xx and up yet. Jerome (aka "glisse") has started work on a 600g driver but AFAIK that's it :

So this i pluged my r600 winsys code with a skeleton r600 pipe driver and now i got hw accelerated clear ! And because i love nice color, it's clearing in grey and you don't have choice, it's grey for everybody ! So now it's about plugin a shader compiler so the driver can do somethings usefull…

The people talking about running the Gallium3D driver here are on 3xx-5xx hardware.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X