No announcement yet.

Radeon Gallium on ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to have 4x agp with the r300g?

The only way I can set the agp at 4 times is using radeon.modeset=4 in the grub config file, but then I get an error:

Code:
    do_ioctls: DRM version is 1.32.0 but this driver is only compatible with 2.x.x

Comment

• Looks like radeon.modeset=4 means no KMS for you and it's a prerequisite for the driver to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by marek View Post
        Looks like radeon.modeset=4 means no KMS for you and it's a prerequisite for the driver to work.
        Is it possible to have KMS and 4x agp? With the r300 driver running at 4x agp, my frame rates are at least two times higher (octaga vrml player, blender, glxgears) and artifacts are gone...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gerwin View Post
          Is it possible to have 4x agp with the r300g?

The only way I can set the agp at 4 times is using radeon.modeset=4 in the grub config file, but then I get an error:
          Note that it should be radeon.agpmode=4 and the modeset parameter on the other hand is either 0 (off) or 1 (on, default). Type "modinfo radeon" when in doubt.

Comment

• Good catch. I saw an earlier reference to radeon.modeset=4 and was wondering what option 4 would do
            Test signature

Comment

• As of today My AGP x1600pro (512MB) is still having issues

I booted with no argument at all or radeon.agpmode=4 or radeon.agpmode=8 and the results are the same.

The thing is Saturday was working..

[ 17.399355] [drm] radeon: ttm finalized
              [ 17.399362] [drm] Forcing AGP to PCIE mode
              [ 17.399485] ATOM BIOS: RV530
              [ 17.399706] [drm:rv515_gpu_reset] *ERROR* Failed to reset GPU (RBBM_STATUS=0x9000C137)
              [ 17.399767] radeon 0000:01:00.0: GPU reset failed ! (0xE40=0x9000C137, 0x7C0=0x80000004)

[ 20.393847] radeon 0000:01:00.0: object_init failed for (9216000, 0x00000002)
              [ 20.394099] [drm:radeon_gem_object_create] *ERROR* Failed to allocate GEM object (9216000, 2, 4096, -22)
              [ 20.412455] [drm:radeon_gart_bind] *ERROR* trying to bind memory to unitialized GART !
              [ 20.412744] [drm:radeon_ttm_backend_bind] *ERROR* failed to bind 2250 pages at 0x00000000
              [ 20.413029] [TTM] Couldn't bind backend.

$ glxinfo | egrep Gallium
              OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on softpipe

My AGP card is being recognized as a PCIe.

No compiz love for me.

Any ideas?

---

Ubuntu 10.04 AMD-64

x1600pro AGP

Comment

• What did you change between Saturday and whenever it stopped working ?
                Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  What did you change between Saturday and whenever it stopped working ?
                  I did a couple of updates from xorg-edgers ppa. And yesterday I installed Wine.. but i never even executed it.

When I booted today I noticed that compiz was gone.. and here I am

Comment

• I tried to use latest PPA date 04302010 for the gallium, the screen gets corrupted whenever I open a menu. I had to revert to classic mesa driver to get to stable. I tried with latest Kernel .34rc6 and ubuntu official kernel.

Comment

• There is a regression in higher levels of Mesa, all gallium drivers are affected by this, people are working on a fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X