Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE SC 4.4 Release Imminent, RC2 Released

Phoronix: KDE SC 4.4 Release Imminent, RC2 Released

Version 4.4 of the KDE Software Compilation is due out in two weeks and sticking with its release schedule, the final development build has now been put out. KDE Software Compilation 4.4 Release Candidate 2 is this final build and it brings various fixes and enhancements since KDE SC 4.4 RC1 earlier this month. Important advancements in KDE SC 4.4 include Nepomuk Semantic Search, polishing of the Plasma Desktop, new KDE applications, and developer framework improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great to see the final version is coming soon. Btw. If you're comparing so many things why not to make some desktop environments comparison one day? :> You know, features, look, customization options, usability, applications, techs used etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
      Great to see the final version is coming soon. Btw. If you're comparing so many things why not to make some desktop environments comparison one day? :> You know, features, look, customization options, usability, applications, techs used etc.
      Are you crazy? You really want to show how bad GNOME is?

Comment

KDE SC 4.4 is totally awesome but don't try Kubuntu Lucid dailys if you want to have a look on it... they're horribly broken still.

Comment

Working perfectly on openSuSE 11.2 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
            Are you crazy? You really want to show how bad GNOME is?
            Just to enhance awareness among some people - Linux newbies, Ubunters etc.

@D2kx

KDE SC 4.4 is totally awesome but don't try Kubuntu Lucid dailys if you want to have a look on it... they're horribly broken still.
            I thought about trying it, but I'm using Karmic right now and I assume it will be the same.

@Koorac

Working perfectly on openSuSE 11.2 :-)
            It seems it's the time to switch.

Comment

Just to enhance awareness among some people - Linux newbies, Ubunters etc.

@D2kx

I thought about trying it, but I'm using Karmic right now and I assume it will be the same.
              Yea, you could say that sentance to Torvalds since he also expressed a similar thing towards gnome. I'de rather use Windows Visa/7 UI instead of GNOME.

How can you even ask for a comparison between the DE? Between GNOME, kde4, Mac UI and Windows 7 UI, guess who's going to lose?

It's like asking Michael to compare ATI vs NVIDIA drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
                How can you even ask for a comparison between the DE? Between GNOME, kde4, Mac UI and Windows 7 UI, guess who's going to lose?
                I'm not asking for benchmarks I'd love to see KDE, Gnome and XFCE compared to each other. Without winners or losers

Comment

I'm not asking for benchmarks I'd love to see KDE, Gnome and XFCE compared to each other. Without winners or losers
                  Yea I understood For example for me it makes more sense to use XFCE instead of GNOME. Just an opinion.

Comment

I just wish they would tackle this obsession they seem to have with battleship grey. Seriously who thinks a block of grey is a good idea for a window theme? Gnome is pretty bad in this regard too but that's no excuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X