KDE SC 4.4 Release Imminent, RC2 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
    How can you even ask for a comparison between the DE? Between GNOME, kde4, Mac UI and Windows 7 UI, guess who's going to lose?
    All of them, DE's suck.

Standalone compiz is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      KDE SC 4.4 is totally awesome but don't try Kubuntu Lucid dailys if you want to have a look on it... they're horribly broken still.
      You never try Kubuntu period if you want to see what KDE is like. Buggy, quirky, inconsistant quality. They're the new Mandrake Linux.

Originally posted by some-guy View Post
      All of them, DE's suck.

Standalone compiz is the best.
      Last edited by Joe Sixpack; 25 January 2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koorac View Post
        Working perfectly on openSuSE 11.2 :-)
        Ditto. It's to bad people insist on judging it with Kubuntu

Comment

You KDE fanbois have you actually used this pile of trash called KDE? Or you are judging it based on screenshots?

I have been using it on Arch for 2 months 4.3.2-4.3.4 and it still has so many bugs it is not funny. I could not even reliebly copy a bunch of files without fear of some missing their target. Dolphin sucked with some major bugs(international encoding for example created zombie files) and i experienced overall instability.

And all these for what? An overall look inspired(in other words copied) from windows vista/7? Some plasma widgets no one is using? A mediocre at best windows style?

I switched to GNOME(again...) and i do not intend to go back to KDE soon. Maybe testing it(4.4) in a VM and that's about it. GNOME is far more reliable and stable at the moment, and for the eye candy factor you could always use a better gtk engine/compiz/cairo-dock and create a modern looking gui. I find it more usable too, and GNOME 3.0 looks really exciting.

Stop saying GNOME sucks just to prove it to yourselves. Most people still use GNOME...
          Last edited by TemplarGR; 26 January 2010, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Go get 'em, tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
              Stop saying GNOME sucks just to prove it to yourselves. Most people still use GNOME...
              But this "pile of trash" sucks and I found it unusable. XFCE is far better in my opinion. Most people use KDE.

@Bulletxt

For example for me it makes more sense to use XFCE instead of GNOME. Just an opinion.
              Yes, for me too.
              Last edited by kraftman; 26 January 2010, 06:00 AM.

Comment

I found it unusable. XFCE is far better in my opinion. Most people use KDE.
                Find which statement doesn't fit.

Originally posted by some-guy
                All of them, DE's suck.
                Well said

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                  Find which statement doesn't fit.
                  I believe most Linux users use KDE*.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR
                    You KDE fanbois [...]
                    Yeeeeeees! We needed fresh blood for this kind of threads. The old guard was growing tired of each others' faces and they almost had a tacit non-aggression pact. I hope things change with you on board, you sound really promising!

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
                      I have been using it on Arch for 2 months 4.3.2-4.3.4 and it still has so many bugs it is not funny.
                      I guess everyone's experience is different, using KDE 4.3 here on Kubuntu and is in general happy with it. Stability is fine (now, was not the case with 4.2) and Samba has issues with national characters anyway so I try to avoid using those. But to be honest, I'm more sold on Qt than KDE, it's a great toolkit to develop it but KDE just isn't that great an example. It works, it's okay but nothing that makes me go wow.

Comment

Working...
                      X