Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial Open ATI Evergreen Support By FOSDEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial Open ATI Evergreen Support By FOSDEM?

Phoronix: Initial Open ATI Evergreen Support By FOSDEM?

In the comments area to the recent X.Org Talks For FOSDEM 2010 Still Missing posting, AMD's John Bridgman basically stated that there would be no talk on their open-source ATI driver progress as it's becoming predictable (and there's also a decreased travel budget), but his second comment was more interesting. "I'm kinda hoping we can have initial (display + shadowfb) Evergreen support out by FOSDEM...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

R800 support will probably go much faster than any other, as CTRL+C CTRL+V is now possible

Comment

yeah, most of what I'd call "infrastructure" is already available

please please please !

talking about Evergreen Support: fglrx/catalyst currently doesn't look too bad: you can even run it with 2.6.33-rc* kernels

Comment

The HD5670 I bought for my home system showed up on the UPS truck today, so I'm motivated

All I'm waiting for now is the 3.5G cellular internet hub so I can actually access the internet from my Linux box, and I'm all set.
        Last edited by bridgman; 22 January 2010, 10:59 PM.
        Test signature

Comment

Cool, I'm looking forward to your commits!

Comment

Does anybody have the documentation concerning modesetting for the Evergreen series?

Comment

The first modesetting-related info to be released will be header file updates in the changes which add HD5xxx support to the existing drivers.
              Test signature

Comment

My existing 5XXX card is waiting patiently.

Comment

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
                  My existing 5XXX card is waiting patiently.
                  My card is patient, but I'm not. I started to look through the driver code and a few bits are starting to make sense, but I'm more of a hands-on guy who likes to compile and see if I got it figured out right. Something tells me I'd like a failsafe partition for when I really FUBAR...

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    All I'm waiting for now is the 3.5G cellular internet hub so I can actually access the internet from my Linux box, and I'm all set.
                    That's really good to hear, John. I shudder when I think of dial-up networking (especially with less than stellar rural phone lines).

Comment

Working...
                    X