No announcement yet.

VIA Releases New Documentation, But It's Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascinating as this discussion is, I'm not 100% sure of it's relevance to VIA doing a doc release.

From what I've seen, Micheal is being harsh on VIA, but that cynicism is almost certainly not completely unfounded. Actions speak louder than words, and this doc release is certainly better than NOT having the docs, so lets at least thank them for what they have done. Having spoken to BruceChang, I can honestly say that on top of everything bridgman has said about the difficulties of releasing docs there IS a language barrier which won't be helping.

I have been very happy with my VIA C7-M based netbook, and the only real complaint I have is related to HPs BIOS! (PCI-ids being wrong on a non-VIA component). It's a comfortable desktop with openChrome, and stable enough once I reported my bugs and they were fixed. It might be worth keeping in mind who actually has even halfway credible netbook platforms, because AMD don't, and from what I heard, neither the Intel ones, nor the nVidia ones, actually had adequate FOSS graphics support.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
      Fascinating as this discussion is, I'm not 100% sure of it's relevance to VIA doing a doc release.
      We were trying to say something nice about Via's doc release, but it didn't go so well.
      Test signature

Comment

I know you were, but I just felt that the VIA forum was not the right place for libv and you to have a "You said, he said" argument, especially in a thread where we should all be clapping VIA on the back.

Comment

What the heck -- at least it keeps the forum busy
          Last edited by bridgman; 16 January 2010, 03:30 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

What about VIA CPU docs?

When will VIA C7/Nano CPU docs be released? Agner Fog seem to need them.

Comment

Working...
            X