Catalyst 10.1 and Xorg 7.5 / 1.7.x?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirurgs View Post
    I may add that I'm running fglrx on mobility radeon 3650 with xserver 1.6.3 and synaptics are there and working.
    So, it's not that You need 1.7 to have synaptics

P.S. I just can't figure out (didn't try much) how to improve performance with fglrx in KDE4...
    Yeah, pretty much of the functionality is okay with 1.6.3. Synaptics and even its scrolling is working. As things go catalyst is pretty much slowly getting there to 1.7. What will be the case with 1.8 where HAL will be removed?... another couple of years without compatible catalyst?

Comment

I may add that I'm running fglrx on mobility radeon 3650 with xserver 1.6.3 and synaptics are there and working.

P.S. I just can't figure out (didn't try much) how to improve performance with fglrx in KDE4...
      that is X fault. X was broken for Intel graphics. If you want a fast desktop, you need to unbreak X. After doing that, it flies.

Search for
      xserver-xorg-backclear.patch

get the sources for xorg-server, patch them, compile them, install them. Very easy with gentoo. If you are using something else - search your distros forums/mailing lists. I am sure somebody has done something about it.

Comment

Of course you can run older synaptics driver versions. I have a newer type of synaptics touchpad and need the newer driver for full functionality.

Comment

Working...
        X