Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I doubt it was intended to be that specific
    Couldn't resist although I just noticed the following...

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    nah, that's for october. *takes cover*
    Hey, I didn't notice the version number until I read your post. Ubuntu 9.10 is already out. So is OpenSUSE. I read it just as next Ubuntu version but that should have been 10.04!

Something tells me that this so called "document" might be pretty old.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      The linked article actually says "AMD has supplied us with a document giving information on the improvements that will be implemented over the course of the next months in Catalyst drivers:"

I don't think it mentions the Cat 10.1 release anywhere, does it ?
      As if it wasn't bad enough. The list is embarrassingly short even if it were for 10.1.
      Last edited by RealNC; 11 January 2010, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        As if it wasn't bad enough. The list is embarrassingly short even if it were for 10.1.
        Well thats NEW features. Actually the fglrx already include the most commonly needed features. They just need to mature alittle (like xvba).

Comment

xvba is not intended to be used in the way you guys use it. It's not even supported by AMD. There's nothing to mature.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            xvba is not intended to be used in the way you guys use it. It's not even supported by AMD. There's nothing to mature.
            It is supported by AMD and it has to mature. There is no other secret XvBA run-time library. So, what you have in the Catalyst drivers is what others have too, embedded customers or not.

Comment

If you think so.

Comment

xvba is supported by AMD - but not on a desktop pc. It's intended for their embedded market. This was made clear from the very first announcement of it - people seem to have assumed that it would also be released for a pc, but that was never stated by AMD.

Comment

Just to be clear, XvBA was conceived and implemented for our embedded customers, but we understand there is interest in having similar capabilities on consumer PCs.

Making XvBA work well for our embedded customers is our first priority, however as gbeauche said there's only one XvBA so any improvements and fixes we make for embedded use will generally benefit everyone. The "embedded vs consumer PC" distinction really affects *which* issues get looked at first.
                  Last edited by bridgman; 12 January 2010, 11:29 AM.
                  Test signature

Comment

Working...
                  X