Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.33-rc3 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.33-rc3 Kernel Released

As the first post-holiday kernel update, Linus Torvalds has put out the Linux 2.6.33-rc3 kernel release. This new release candidate for the Linux 2.6.33 kernel brings in some EXT4 file-system updates, switching the recommended IEEE-1394 Firewire stack to the new stack, various driver updates, and much more. The Linux 2.6.33-rc3 kernel release announcement can be read at LKML.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can not boot with any .33 kernels. MSI 7207 motherboard. .32 will boot fine.

In recovery mode, I get Error on SMB1

This website is for sale! e4allupgraders.info is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, e4allupgraders.info has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

On my MSI 7202,I cannot boot any 2.6.33 kernels. 2.6.32 works fine.

Any issues with MSI 7202 boards?

Comment

Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
        On my MSI 7202,I cannot boot any 2.6.33 kernels. 2.6.32 works fine.

Any issues with MSI 7202 boards?
        I (probably) have same problem, tried 2.6.33 rc2, the boot process doesn't complete, don't remember at which stage it fails though, using MSI P965Neo-F V2, 2.6.32 & 2.6.31 work fine though.

Comment

Report it to LKML, not here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoran View Post
            Report it to LKML, not here.
            Better reporting it here than not at all though, but you're right.

Comment

Last night I hooked up Samsung 2343BW on DVI>DVI connection instead of 2343NW DVI>VGA>VGA connection on my PhenomX3 ATI HD 3650 512M. If I use 2.6.32-10 it is great! This 2.6.32-10 is one of the best kernels I've seen in some time. If I try 2.6.33-999(7-Jan-2010) it looses connection while entering GDM and I can restore it by turning it off on a rocker switch (on the back) (not on a touch switch on the front panel). It is the same with KMS and without it. Once that obstacle is solved everything is OK. It works nicely, also, with 2.6.32-9 but not nearly as good as with 2.6.32-10. The same problem is on either one of two DVI outputs. What could be the difference between .32 and .33 kernels that make this "problem"? I did not have this problem with analog connection. Nevertheless change from analog to digital was worth it.

Comment

Working...
              X