Is this a bug? (libdrm_radeon.pc.in)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a bug? (libdrm_radeon.pc.in)

libdrm.pc.in uses a @PACKAGE_VERSION@ variable (macro?) and the generated libdrm.pc has the correct version (2.4.17).

Meanwhile, libdrm_radeon.pc.in (and intel/nouveau) uses a hard-coded, outdated version, and the resulting .pc file retains that. So after you build and install libdrm..
    Code:
    pkg-config --modversion libdrm_radeon 
    ..and then when you try and build latest mesa (which requires libdrm_radeon 2.4.17):
    Code:
    checking for LIBDRM_RADEON... no
    Is this a bug worth reporting? It's easy enough to work around by editing the installed libdrm_radeon.pc file (in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ on my system) I looked on freedesktop bugs for libdrm_radeon, but only saw one (unrelated) bug. If it is a bug, please fix it or report it for me (I'm tired of registering for 200 different bug forums) :\

Thanks
    Last edited by DanL; 04 January 2010, 11:42 AM.

Originally posted by DanL View Post
    ..and then when you try and build latest mesa (which requires libdrm_radeon 2.4.17):
    Code:
    checking for LIBDRM_RADEON... no
    Code:
    PKG_CHECK_MODULES([LIBDRM_RADEON], [libdrm_radeon libdrm >= $LIBDRM_RADEON_REQUIRED], HAVE_LIBDRM_RADEON=yes, HAVE_LIBDRM_RADEON=no)
    Only the version of libdrm is tested; libdrm_radeon is just checked for existence.

Edit: to clarify: mesa itself works with older libdrm (2.4.15); however in order to use the new API it requires that libdrm_radeon is installed and libdrm is >= 2.4.17.
    The message above may be confusing since it refers to libdrm_radeon but in reality it checks two conditions.
    Last edited by tettamanti; 04 January 2010, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X