Serious Sam 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam 2

Linux-Gamers has posted an interview with Croteam about the Linux client of Serious Sam.

How does it come that you have decided to create an Linux port? Do you think that the market for Linux games is big enough?

From the programmer's point of view; with each port you make, the code base becomes more stable and flexible. Source code itself tends to get better and more precisely commented or even refactored if required. Another reason is the power of Serious Engine 2 and Serious Editor 2, everyone should have a chance to experience it. At last but certainly not least, our fans wanted us to make the Linux port and we are very bad at saying no to them.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

How many Linux versions of the game need to be sold to make some profit or to make the port be a success?

We did not seek profits with the Linux port. The port itself gives us the pleasure of success.

I love reading that stuff. It's -great- to see this happening... I own the game and though I probably wouldn't play through it again on Linux, it's some nice to have that option now.

Great stuff.

Comment

That's some sweet news there. Although that very statement of "We did not seek profits" alone quite illustrates the same old problem still remains in Linux gaming.

Comment

Working...
      X