Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTCW Received signal 11

Hey there...

This used to be a simple issue to fix, however, now its not so simple it appears. I have added all the echo's to /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss and still receiving this error.

Enemy Territory works just fine, but RTCW doesn't seem too anymore and I was wondering if someone had a magical fix I could try? I have also downloaded the latest update patch for the game and its still not working.

I am running Kubuntu 9.10 64bit fully updated with an Nvidia card (With the 32 bit libs). All my other FPS games work without issue.

Is this game just too old anymore to run under Linux anymore?

Thanks for any assistance.

Joe

Might be ubuntu's implementation of pulseaudio... You could try to use sdl:
    I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) x86_64. I had been trying to use et-sdl-sound.so with RTCW. I could get some really crackly sound using the et-sdl-sound.so hack and SDL_AUDIODRIVER set to "alsa" in the initialization script, but A: the sound was horrible and B: the game completely hung on exit (in et-sdl-sound.so, the calls to __SDL_CloseAudio would lock the game). After a bunch of research, trying to hack and re-compile and failing, I finally have sound working well. Here are the steps

Or use oss...

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
      Might be ubuntu's implementation of pulseaudio... You could try to use sdl:
      I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) x86_64. I had been trying to use et-sdl-sound.so with RTCW. I could get some really crackly sound using the et-sdl-sound.so hack and SDL_AUDIODRIVER set to "alsa" in the initialization script, but A: the sound was horrible and B: the game completely hung on exit (in et-sdl-sound.so, the calls to __SDL_CloseAudio would lock the game). After a bunch of research, trying to hack and re-compile and failing, I finally have sound working well. Here are the steps

Or use oss...
      Thanks for the reply!!!

I tried that and still getting the error. I think it might have something to do with video, but I can't put my finger on it. ET works great as does all my other FPS games from ID. Maybe there are corrupted files from being copied over though the years. Let me see if I can dig up my install disks and try to install it again.

Thanks !!!

Joe

Comment

Working...
      X