Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases 195.30 Linux Beta Driver

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases 195.30 Linux Beta Driver

Before going off on a holiday recess, NVIDIA's Unix graphics driver team has put out a new NVIDIA driver beta release in the 195.xx driver series for Linux, FreeBSD, and OpenSolaris. Just shy of a month ago NVIDIA had put out the 195.22 Linux display driver that delivered on VDPAU improvements, support for NVIDIA 3D Vision Stereo, better DisplayPort monitor handling, and many other enhancements. The just-released NVIDIA 195.30 beta display driver now delivers on fixed performance for KDE 4.x when dealing with text that hasn't been anti-aliased, GPU acceleration for many more X RENDER compositing operations, experimental GPU acceleration of the X RENDER CompositeTrapezoids, a VDPAU overlay-based presentation queue, and lastly "nvidia-settings --query all" now really reports all available attributes (something we had been after with NVIDIA to fix)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh yeah, time to nuke nouveau for a day...

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
      Oh yeah, time to nuke nouveau for a day...
      I doubt nouveau pops into their minds when it comes to releasing new blobs.

Comment

GT240 support?

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          I doubt nouveau pops into their minds when it comes to releasing new blobs.
          Probably they think nouveau is a new name for an old driver anyway.

Comment

and GT220 HDMI audio support is where?....

Comment

VDPAU support for other graphics drivers would be nice.. with radeonhd my 1080p videos do not run smoothly, with windows they do.

Comment

Originally posted by pirast View Post
                VDPAU support for other graphics drivers would be nice.. with radeonhd my 1080p videos do not run smoothly, with windows they do.
                I have a strange feeling that nvidia wont implement that for ati cards

Comment

Originally posted by kuse View Post
                  I have a strange feeling that nvidia wont implement that for ati cards
                  The API is there for anyone to use. It's up to the driver guru's of other cards to implement it.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    The API is there for anyone to use. It's up to the driver guru's of other cards to implement it.
                    Exactly my point, but nvidia wont be that "anyone". This is however an article about nvidia.

Comment

Working...
                    X