Mesa 7.7 Released (Mesa 7.6.1 Too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 7.7 Released (Mesa 7.6.1 Too)

Phoronix: Mesa 7.7 Released (Mesa 7.6.1 Too)

Just as planned, Mesa 7.7 has been released in time to make it into everyones stockings this holiday. Intel's Ian Romanick has just pushed out the release of Mesa 7.7.0, which delivers many new features, along with Mesa 7.6.1, which delivers bug-fixes and greater stabilization work atop the Mesa 7.6 code-base. Mesa 7.7 delivers on VMware's virtual Gallium3D driver (the SVGA driver) that allows for Gallium3D to be used on their virtualization platform, several new OpenGL extensions, major improvements to the ATI R300 Gallium3D driver (named "r300g"), and a new Mesa texture/surface format infrastructure. The new VMware Gallium3D driver depends upon new DRM code that can be found in the Linux 2.6.33 kernel and later...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Geometry shaders? That was one the buzz words for DX10 wasn't it?

Comment

What's the status on the i965 driver?
      Last edited by wswartzendruber; 22 December 2009, 01:49 AM.

Comment

More importantly, what nouveau stuff is in there?

Comment

Please, please, please, PLEASE Phoronix stop using sourceforge mailing list...

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
          i965g should be pulled in master soon : http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa3d-d.../msg10337.html

Comment

Originally posted by Xheyther View Post
            Please, please, please, PLEASE Phoronix stop using sourceforge mailing list...
            It is a pretty safe bet that he does it, so we won't read the follow up replies in the thread.

That way he can bring the news, if something interesting should come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
              It is a pretty safe bet that he does it, so we won't read the follow up replies in the thread.

That way he can bring the news, if something interesting should come up.
              Not at all, it's more a matter of convenience. When I read something on a list I want to write about I just scroll down and click the link and for the mesa/dri lists it ends up at SourceForge. Though lately I've been trying to remember to go elsewhere for the list, but old habits die hard.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Not at all, it's more a matter of convenience. When I read something on a list I want to write about I just scroll down and click the link and for the mesa/dri lists it ends up at SourceForge. Though lately I've been trying to remember to go elsewhere for the list, but old habits die hard.
                What about Gmane.org? SF.net mail interface SUCKS and is slow as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
                    The i965 driver (classic mesa, not i965g which is the gallium driver) is in pretty good shape in 7.7, at least on the G45.

ETQW is finally running for example. It's obviously not very fast, but that's to be expected on this hardware.

Comment

Working...
                    X