A Minimum Version Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Minimum Version Question

Hey, I'm a Debian Sid user. I've been watching the progress of the FOSS driver with keen interest, but I don't like compiling entire stacks from git (takes too long, often too broken, working near X traditionally too ugly, aptitude is sacred).

For OpenGL (on 6xx chip), my understanding is that the important parts of the stack are:
    ATI HD3xxx Card -> Linux Kernel -> libDRM -> Mesa dri/glx -> Wine/Warcraft III

Are the minimum non-git versions (for OpenGL 1.5, using DEFAULT compile settings) of the lower parts as follows?
    Kernel >= 2.6.33
    libDRM (to be released just after kernel)
    Mesa >= 7.7.0

Thanks

Originally posted by R15I23D05D14Y View Post
    For OpenGL (on 6xx chip), my understanding is that the important parts of the stack are:
    ATI HD3xxx Card -> Linux Kernel -> libDRM -> Mesa dri/glx -> Wine/Warcraft III

Are the minimum non-git versions (for OpenGL 1.5, using DEFAULT compile settings) of the lower parts as follows?
    Kernel >= 2.6.33
    libDRM (to be released just after kernel)
    Mesa >= 7.7.0

Thanks
    Kernel 2.6.32 and libdrm 2.4.16 should be sufficient. Though you'll need 2.6.33 if you want IRQ support (makes very little practical difference right now). Mesa 7.7 is correct.

You missed off xserver-xorg-video-ati from your list, you'll want to update that to get KMS. Don't know how the version bumping policy works for that, so it could be either 6.12.5 or 6.13 for the needed version.

Comment

Working...
    X