AMD Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    He didn't break any forum rules, so he can't be banned, you fascists.

Title: 'City of Heroes' character 'Twixt' becomes game's most hated outcast courtesy of Loyola professor

This professor only played by the rules, he's now a social outcast.

Like sidux and other strict organizations, following rules verbatim leaves many social flaws open to exploit. This lets questionable and irritating behavior be an acceptable form of social exchange and also allows innocent behavior to be severely punished by accident.

This method of governing is primitive. It helps people that are brainless make decisions better than their own stupid ideas. However, this method also prohibits thoughtful actions from being executed.

You're a human, use the forum rules as a suggestion to keep your common sense on track, not to make the decisions for you.

Comment

• Actually, the only problem with Qaridarium is dyslexia. His points aren't any more "trollish" than other people's. It's just the way he writes the stuff that people find annoying. Dyslexia combined with his really poor English makes for quite ugly posts, but still, I don't think someone should be banned for being dyslectic and sucking at English.

Comment

• Originally posted by damentz View Post
        Like sidux and other strict organizations, following rules verbatim leaves many social flaws open to exploit. This lets questionable and irritating behavior be an acceptable form of social exchange and also allows innocent behavior to be severely punished by accident.
        Like sidux? The Linux distribution? I don't understand this...

Comment

• Currently it has nothing to do with the kernel, when you do a dist-upgrade - that's why you would like to install sid, do you - you will get xserver 1.7.4 and then fglrx is not working whatever you try.

Comment

• I finally decided to try the 9.12 hotfix release on my 64-bit Ubuntu 9.10 installation with an HD4870. Building the deb-files went just fine, and so did installing them. But when I start X my two monitors (connected via DVI) goes to sleep. "Hmmmm. Funny." I thought, so I tried the real 9.12 release; the same thing.

Going back to 9.11 solved the problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I tried searching ati.cchtml.com but it hasn't been updated with new versions of Catalyst since 9.7.

Comment

• Originally posted by albatorsk View Post
              I finally decided to try the 9.12 hotfix release on my 64-bit Ubuntu 9.10 installation with an HD4870. Building the deb-files went just fine, and so did installing them. But when I start X my two monitors (connected via DVI) goes to sleep. "Hmmmm. Funny." I thought, so I tried the real 9.12 release; the same thing.

Going back to 9.11 solved the problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I tried searching ati.cchtml.com but it hasn't been updated with new versions of Catalyst since 9.7.
              Have you tried removing /etc/ati/amdpcsdb?

Comment

• Originally posted by Saphy View Post
                Have you tried removing /etc/ati/amdpcsdb?
                I just tried it, and guess what? It worked. Thanks.

Going from earlier 9.x, I've never had to do that before. Very strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by albatorsk View Post
                  I just tried it, and guess what? It worked. Thanks.

Going from earlier 9.x, I've never had to do that before. Very strange.
                  Actually it's a very common problem. Linux-only of course

Comment

• Did you uninstall the previous fglrx driver before installing the new one ?
                    Test signature

Comment

• Files in /etc are usually not removed when uninstalling stuff so that settings don't get lost. And that's a good thing; imagine what would happen if you had to redo all settings of all software you upgrade. Welcome to hell.

What's not a good thing, however, is fglrx chocking on the /etc/ati stuff of previous versions, for no apparent reason. Yeah I know, you'll say "did you report it in the bug tracker", but you know my answer so lets not derail another thread
                      Last edited by RealNC; 17 January 2010, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X