No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know, if people continue insulting the ati devs, pretty soon they're going to have one response: dilligaf.

Comment

@Qaridarium

Fermi will be definitely the first choice for LINUX users. Most likely for Win too if you have got enough money Just because of the working features - not because of features that will work in the future. I gave up the idea that xvba will be ever fixed and that gallium3d approach to simulate vdpau/vaapi or whatever using shaders will most likely not work on low end cards - and buying medium/highend cards for that is wasted money. Using oss drivers for those cards is like paying for a porsche and driving a fiat. I definitely do NOT need kms, it does not matter if it flickers when it switches from vt to X. The 2-3s delay is not optimal, but how often do you need to do that?

Comment

Perhaps wait for fermi to actually be released before touting it - especially when you're against things that "will work in the future".

Comment

Well at least i know that they exist.

Comment

sorry, but until fermi hits the shelves, it really can't be said to exist. And I get that you're an nvidia fanboy, but really, xvba hasn't been officially released by amd, so you can't complain about it that much.

Comment

At least they got that fake Fermi out there . Seriously, nvidia has been making asses of themselves lately. "AMD's lead on DX11 does not matter". Yeah, right. They would be singing a different tune if their precious Fermi was out.
              The thing will be fast and monstrous, if the hype is to be believed. Just wish the damn card would be out now so it can drive prices down.
              Last edited by Melcar; 20 December 2009, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Do you really think current ATI cards will be faster on LINUX? Well the current Linux games are not that demanding, Unigine based games would be more interesting - or what about ID Rage... Also why not use CUDA or OpenCL for some apps? If you don't know what you could do just search for E.T.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  If you don't know what you could do just search for E.T.
                  You mean this?

Oops... freeware nexuiz hack =), with Nvidia Driver Bug on my Ubuntu ;)

Comment

I would say it is even hard to win for a 5870 against a gtx 285 on Linux. those numbers say nothing about gaming speed. Also often there are more apps directly for cuda than for opencl.

Comment

Working...
                    X