Request on 3D Games, MMO & AAA Games etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request on 3D Games, MMO & AAA Games etc

Hello, my name is Aditya Sadhula and I am working on developing and programming for games, having 2+ years experience. Now I want to learn more about 3D Game programming, Audio/Sound Development, Graphics Designing MMO and AAA Gaming. Please tell me some of the best sites I can check and especially some offline resources/trainings that can help me gain some good experience.

Thanks in advance for all you members' help in this regard.

Thanks,
    Aditya

I would say have a look at gamedev.net . Contains various articles and a vivid forum to ask if you have troubles. What goes though for MMO designing and AAA gaming I don't think you will find much online in any way. At last I didn't come across anything in that direction which is worthwhile. You'll have to figure that out on your own to a large degree unless you can snoop in on a real AAA developer or somebody developing an MMO.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and GamaSutra of course.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is a spam-bot again.
      Hints:
      1. Very general topic.
      2. Very general username.
      3. No single mention of linux in a linux-forum.
      4. Much too formal sound.
      There are probably ads in the signature, which don't get shown because of the boards settings.
      Is there no captcha needed for registration? If not, I think it would be a good idea to add one. This is not the first of these bots on here.

Comment

Haven't seen anything suspicious in his profile so I don't know. Could be one could be the other :P

Comment

Re: Request on 3D Games, MMO & AAA Games etc

Originally posted by aditya258 View Post
          Hello, my name is Aditya Sadhula and I am working on developing and programming for games, having 2+ years experience. Now I want to learn more about 3D Game programming, Audio/Sound Development, Graphics Designing MMO and AAA Gaming. Please tell me some of the best sites I can check and especially some offline resources/trainings that can help me gain some good experience.

Thanks in advance for all you members' help in this regard.

Thanks,
          Aditya

Hello Aditya,
          I suggest u to attend www.gamedevelopersummit.com. Your doubts may clear there.
          Best of Luck

Comment

Oh god not again these conferences. They are as useful as snot on a sandwich :/

Comment

If I never see the term "AAA" used in reference to gaming, it'll be too soon

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                Oh god not again these conferences. They are as useful as snot on a sandwich :/
                Actually, I was thinking of a more pungent substance, but hey...whatever works...

Comment

Originally posted by Irritant View Post
                  If I never see the term "AAA" used in reference to gaming, it'll be too soon
                  No kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Actually, I was thinking of a more pungent substance, but hey...whatever works...
                    Hm... American Pie?

Comment

Working...
                    X