Nautilus Begins To Change For GNOME 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Nope, that's honest criticism. Most major distros other than Fedora ship with browser mode enable, so I believe it makes sense to change the default setting to that.

The only major one that I know of that ships with browser mode by default is Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by drag View Post
      Maybe your distro sucks?

When I go and open something that contains a lot of files like /lib/ or something my nautilus displays everything as soon as the window opens up, which is pretty much immediately.
      Same here, only issue I sometimes have is with Samba being slow. Maybe you have some odd configurations or something.

Comment

I don't get all the hate for the Gnome menu. It's one of the major things I like about Gnome and just makes sense. What's simpler than applications, places and system? All the other "slab" type menus just seem like a hassle and make it harder to get to what you want. I didn't like Kickoff or the classic KDE menu in KDE4 that much either. I haven't looked much into Gnome 3.0 but hopefully they'll have a similar menu.

Comment

Originally posted by drag View Post
          The only major one that I know of that ships with browser mode by default is Ubuntu.
          OpenSUSE does, too.

Comment

Working...
          X