No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.12 For Linux available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been having the exact same problem since the 9.9 catalyst also. No matter how it is installed, I always get the black screen. Let's hope that with kernel 2.6.32 plus xorg 7.5 coming by default in lucid next year fixes that, but my wish is to get a nvidia card sooner than april.

Comment

Well it is hard to understand that a 1 line fix for 2.6.32 FINAL kernel was not added in time...

Comment

Added in gentoo-quebec overlay!
        This include the kernel 2.6.32 support patch.
        Last edited by DestroyFX; 18 December 2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoodlum View Post
          Sigh. No Xorg 7.5

I'd say more but that about sums up my feelings.
          Good grief...

Has anyone figured out a patch yet? I'm getting very tired of having to wait months for ATI to provide drivers that load in the current Fedora release. I'm too mad at NVIDIA for quietly putting out defective hardware for 3 years to switch to them, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoodlum View Post
            Sigh. No Xorg 7.5

I'd say more but that about sums up my feelings.
            Really?

Does that mean no Fedora 12 support? I was hoping for an OS upgrade with the holiday season. This means I'll be waiting till at least next month. Fedora 11 still feels reasonablely fresh, I guess I can deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Well it is hard to understand that a 1 line fix for 2.6.32 FINAL kernel was not added in time...
              Do you have any patch which would allow to build kernel module for 2.6.32?

Comment

@maciejus:
                i may answer for Kano - yes, it is. Look for example here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ca...patch.kcl_io.c

also there is a solution on howto enable opencl support (here http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32968 i have used newest 9.12 hotfix driver with opencl support). I have found solution on amd developer forum - you just need to add "nopat" to kernel boot line

Comment

oouuu and with this "nopat" kernel option - XvBa is working again

( tested on 9.12 hotfix, archlinux x86_64, 2.6.32.1-ck kernel, xorg-server 1.6.x )

Comment

?? my previous replay havent been posted, so...

with "nopat" kernel boot option opencl seems to finally work! I have found this solution on an amd developer forum.
                    (i'm using catalyst 9.12 hotfix driver)

@maciejus:
                    +#include <linux/signal.h>
                    in fglrx_archive/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/kcl_io.c brings 2.6.32 support
                    Last edited by Vi0L0; 18 December 2009, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by a12ctic View Post
                      Really?

Does that mean no Fedora 12 support? I was hoping for an OS upgrade with the holiday season. This means I'll be waiting till at least next month. Fedora 11 still feels reasonablely fresh, I guess I can deal.
                      Correct. I verified that 9.12 fails to build on F12 this morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X