Yeah here are the files:

Driver:

Changelog:

/me is preparing now the Debian upload

Let the bashing begin!

Comment

me@exez:~$ fglrxinfo
      display: :0.0 screen: 0
      OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
      OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
      OpenGL version string: 3.2.9232

Whooooop, opengl 3.2?

Comment

Originally posted by the-me View Post

Whooooop, opengl 3.2?

Just in time for the Heaven demo .

Comment

since 9-11 xvba is broken, no change with 9-12.

Comment

Sigh. No Xorg 7.5

I'd say more but that about sums up my feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              since 9-11 xvba is broken, no change with 9-12.
              Ah, well, I probably wont bother installing it for a while then.

Maybe a new xvba release will fix it soon?

Comment

Looks like they broke compiz blur again... Thats like the only feature I care about!! Not seeing any compelling reasons to upgrade over 9.11 anyway. Might have to hold off.

asus 4850 ubuntu 9.10 x64

And one more thing! Why is the driver NOT overriding my Anti aliasing settings and AS for my games? I play Urban terror and it looks like crap anyway, I figure a little AA would help. Maybe from using compiz and playing the game at the same time...
                Last edited by rotarychainsaw; 17 December 2009, 07:53 PM. Reason: additional bitching

Comment

@evanjfraser

A "fix" would require work, do you really think ATI works on xvba? I don't. I know so many problems with xvba that i replaced my card on my system which i use for watching movies by a GT220. I updated the gfx firmware to make it more stable which increases the lowest fan speed from 25% to 40% but this still is not that loud. Of course i noticed problems with this card too - many in the vdpau-video wrapper but still no fix is available. This does not matter much for me as mplayer+vdpau works much better. As xvba is low priority for endusers a card replacement is REALLY the only way to get something working now - and the future as long as cpus do not fully handle 1080p with ease at high bitrates - i guess this will be at about 4 ghz for 48 mbit single core. So how are the bets what happens before? 4 ghz default clock for 50 € cpus or a working xvba implementation from ATI?
                  Last edited by Kano; 17 December 2009, 08:49 PM.

Comment

And the problem with black screen and system freeze that I have since Catalyst 9.9 still not resolved This is not even listed on the Known Issues list despite of that many people report this in various places (including this forum) and I have reported this through ATI's "Linux Feedback Program". I'm getting more and more convinced that the next graphic card I buy would be from nvidia as it seems those folks care much more about customers running Linux on their machines.

Comment

Working...
                    X