Radeon DRM Power Management Moves Along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    The tables look fine. How you interpret them and expose them varies based on the implementation. The kms code is pretty basic at the moment.
    I don't see consistency in tables, at least where there is not Battery state. Then you can find lowest mode in Performance of Default, any interpretation for that?

Comment

We don't print all the info from the tables in the kernel log. We should probably interpret the tables slightly differently on mobile vs. desktop or check for additional attributes, etc.

Comment

Can't you get info about this (how does Catalyst interpret this) from AMD or something since last time I looked they are supporting this OSS driver effort?

Comment

The tables look fine. How you interpret them and expose them varies based on the implementation. The kms code is pretty basic at the moment.
          Are you referring to these tables or (I suspect) something else entirely?

Comment

RealNC, I work for AMD I'm working on it, just haven't had a chance to get back into the power stuff recently.

BlackStar, the tables are in the video bios. They are documented in atombios.h

Comment

RealNC, I work for AMD
              Oh, oops

Comment

seems like pm development is picking up speed!
                can any of the developers give a rough estimate when we should see some usable pm with dynamic clocking and the like?

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
                  seems like pm development is picking up speed!
                  can any of the developers give a rough estimate when we should see some usable pm with dynamic clocking and the like?

I'm not a developer, but it is quite likely to appear in 2.6.34, though of course the correct answer is that they will appear when they are done

Comment

Originally posted by Zajec View Post
                    darkbasic: driver looks for "Battery" state and takes first mode from it. We didn't predict there are cards without "Battery" state defined. Has to be fixed.
                    The logic is actually different, I was wrong. PM switches between 3 modes, the minimal one is for dpms off.

Comment

Are there updated patches which work with high-end cards?
                      ## VGA ##
                      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                      X