memory-bandwidth test fails when nasm is not installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory-bandwidth test fails when nasm is not installed

Whenever I install memory-bandwidth, it will fail if nasm is not yet installed. I manually install the nasm package and then the install will succeed.

Although nasm is not a "trusted" package and a programming tool, would it make sense for the Phoronix-Test-Suite to check for nasm and ask the user whether they want to install it and proceed with the memory-bandwidth install or abort it? Using the GUI, it can be a little confusing why the memory-bandwidth installation fails when installing via a suite, because the error message can get lost in the shell output window with a limited scrolling buffer.

Ken

memory-bandwidth test doesn't even attempt to install the required nasm package

Clarification: I propose that the nasm package be considered an external package with respect to the memory-bandwidth test. Currently, there is no attempt to install nasm, if it is missing and the memory-bandwidth test can not be installed without it. At the very least, when nasm is missing, the memory-bandwidth installation should report that fact and inform the user that it must be installed to compile the memory-bandwidth test.

Ken

Comment

Working...
    X