Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gui opensource driver

Hello,

With all the last moves concerning OSD, i wonder if there is a plan for a gui, because i think many people will use OSD soon and complain about lack of gui ... (me at first ^^}.

Moreover, all the configuration (that i'm aware of) is inside the xorg.conf. But i read that xorg.conf wasn't necessary in last X.server released. Is it true and will it impact OSD configuration ?

Best regards,

Bibi

I am planning to use the open source driver and a gui would be a great feature, helping people to switch to this driver.

Comment

There are already graphical utilities to configure the driver.

* For setting resolution, cloning, rotation etc. there's gnome-display-properties.
      * To configure the 3D driver there's driconf
      * To configure Xv there's gxvattr

Comment

I have already tried driconf but didn't find anything about anti aliasing or anisotropic filtering...

Comment

I don't think these are implemented yet in the 3D driver.

EDIT: But the option for anisotropic filtering is present here with driconf under "Image Quality" options.
          Last edited by monraaf; 10 December 2009, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Forcing AF in driconf makes textures and fonts in games look "granny". Forcing Vsync doesn't seem to work either (although in-game options for vsync. don't seem to work as well).

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
              I don't think these are implemented yet in the 3D driver.

EDIT: But the option for anisotropic filtering is present here with driconf under "Image Quality" options.
              You're right, i read too fast.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                * For setting resolution, cloning, rotation etc. there's gnome-display-properties.
                Wow. But he didn't save the settings. = Crap

Comment

Working...
                X