Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Engine Does Physical Force Fields

Phoronix: Unigine Engine Does Physical Force Fields

We are still waiting on Unigine Corp to release Unigine Heaven for Linux -- their latest engine demo that shows off their latest improvements, including an OpenGL 3.2 renderer and other mighty impressive advancements. Unigine has the Linux version of Heaven completed (we have seen it and even benchmarked it, and it's amazingly great), but they are waiting on AMD to publicly release a Catalyst Linux driver that can even handle this demo as right now the Linux drivers out there simply don't work because this demo is absolutely gruesome on the driver stack and hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone care to explain what a "Physical Force Field" is? I'm not a native speaker and translating it with Google doesn't bring up much..

Comment

"simulation of viscous medium, buoyancy and resistance forces".

So walking through water, against a strong wind or through some strong nature structure (trees, plants, etc) gives resistance using the physics engine.

English isn't my native language either ( its not even my second or third), but the unigine log explained it well. I was thinking about some kind of force field i've seen in starwars
      Last edited by tmpdir; 11 December 2009, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
        English isn't my native language either ( its not even my second or third), but the unigine log explained it well. I was thinking about some kind of force field i've seen in starwars
        Well, one of those would exhibit that sort of behavior- so you could probably simulate one with that engine code.

Comment

Working...
        X