Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono's C# Compiler Now 4.0 Feature Complete

Phoronix: Mono's C# Compiler Now 4.0 Feature Complete

For those interested in programming in C# on Linux or have interest in Mono for using Microsoft's .NET, you may be pleased to know that Mono's C# compiler is now C# 4.0 feature complete. Covariance and contravariance, optional parameters, dynamic binding, and other features of the C# 4.0 programming language have now been implemented within Mono...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

C# now has 4 features!? WOW!

Comment

Beautiful!

This Marek Safar guy is awesome. Report a bug against the C# compiler and he'll investigate and fix it within hours - and we are not talking about a trivial piece of code either!

Comment

Originally posted by grantek View Post
        C# now has 4 features!? WOW!
        Hmm, well, let's see --

* MS control
        * bloat
        * NIH
        * drooling masses

Yup, that's 4!

Comment

Originally posted by snogglethorpe View Post
          Hmm, well, let's see --

* MS control
          * bloat
          * NIH
          * drooling masses

Yup, that's 4!
          You missed one: the ability to get the trolls out of their hiding places so we can all laugh at them.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
            You missed one: the ability to get the trolls out of their hiding places so we can all laugh at them.
            In his defense he did get one thing right: _MS control_

Comment

Mono is free software. How free oftware can be controlled by MS I don't know. Influence maybe, but control?

Comment

M$ is giving us a little liberty with mono, but just enough so that it can bite us in the ass with patents later down the road should it desire. Theoretically as long as you dont use windows forms, asp.net or the likes, you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                  Mono is free software. How free oftware can be controlled by MS I don't know. Influence maybe, but control?
                  I was talking in relation to BlackStar comment which was talking in relation to snogglethorpe comment which was talking in relation to grantek comment which was referring to C# (the language) not Mono (the open source project).

So in that context I maintain my statement: C# is controlled by MS.

Comment

MS will use the SCO/Caldera methodology - release proprietary code under GPL within a LInux release and then file lawsuits claiming that "Linux" has "stolen" proprietary code.

Icaza will fixit. Memo to Codeplex ..."fixit". Oh, I forgot - that's MS_Codeplex_MS. And, that's Zimians killing KDE. And that's Novell "admitting" that MS is righteous and LInux is subversive.

Meanwhile, MS will violate GPL anytime, anyplace, anyway they feel like it.

MS= OS for the masses.

Linux= OS for less than 1% of the masses and Windowizing at the speed of Ubuntu.

NOTE: objections must be filed through Bugzilla and they will be attended to properly - maybe - unless we think you are one dumb bunny, or, your suggestion actually has merit.

Comment

Working...
                    X