Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU hangs with Radeon (r600) driver when idle

Hi

So, I was checking out the latest OSS drivers for my R670 chipset and installed everything (radeon,mesa,dri,drm,gl) from GIT on my Arch 2.6.32 x64 stock kernel.

Everything was nice (thank you devs ^^) until I saw a weird bug; the GPU will hang when the computer goes idle.

And by idle I mean the setting on the screensaver config dialog, if I put the slide on 1 minute it will hang in a minute of being idle, if I put it 5 minutes it will hang 5 minutes of being idle even if I don't tick the "activate screensaver" box. Previewing the screensaver works OK too.

I also notice that only the GPU is actually hanged as I was watching a clip and the sound kept going when the picture (and mouse cursor) froze.

Someone else was reporting problems with certain screensavers. I forget what thread that was in.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
      Someone else was reporting problems with certain screensavers. I forget what thread that was in.
      Not a screensaver problem I believe. Previewing screensavers works nicelly, plus, it also hangs with "Blank Screen" screensaver.

Comment

Working...
      X