Recommend an inkjet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by energyman View Post
    I have a clp 315 and I am not the only one.

One toner casette goes for 1000 pages of paper.
    Printing pictues is not worse than with an inkjet on standard paper.
    Paper jams? Never heard of. Oh yes - where I work the HP laserjet sometimes jams if you print more than 100 pages in a row. For some reason the inkjets like to just stop working after a load like 5-10 in a row. Hmm.
    Not half as loud as a standard inkjet
    and 'high energy consumption' is relative.... how much energy is consumed producing all that shitty inkjets rotting somewhere because the ink dried in and it was cheaper to buy a new printer than to replace the cardridges?
    I believe you, you are not the only one

1000 pages is claimed. Real result would be nice.
    You never print pictures with inkjet on standart paper. If you do, I think laser will be far better, because it distributes the toner much more precisely. But its is not photo, if you want photo quality, laser cannot match. Fujifilm uses special printers, I have no idea how they work, but they work with reagents and chemicals resulting in inkjet quality result on cheap glossy paper.
    I have already printed 300 page documentation with b209a, had no jam yet, not joking. Maybe it is blessed or something

The last sentence is hard for me to understand. The head never dries out - its cleaned and parked. Unless manually removed and exposed to fresh air for more than 20 minutes. Then there is a solution to easily dissolve the ink. The ink itself of course has best-before, but colors and printing head are separated. There are very good XL empty clone cartridges available, cost 10$ for 10 pack, refillable, without ID chip(you need to place it there from any original cartridge, from trial works well too; marks printer that ink is here). Overall worst situation is way cleaner than with toner. Original XL ink, full pack is 50$, claimed 800 pages(one of best ink available), you dont need original ink or cartridge though if daily quality. I have no idea how much the main head costs, I suggest no more than 30$. Then, there is CISS of course. The MFC itself costs officially 140$, got it for 99$ brand new.

Are linux PS drivers for 315 available? Opensource? Binary? Just interested. I heard samsung decided to cut its linux printing support recently(3 or 4 months ago).

Comment

I don't need a laser printer. I already have one.

But, you guys should start a comedy team. It's really getting amusing.

I borrowed a HP Deskjet F4480 and I had to set it up using CUPS instead of the foomatic GUI which is totally useless and buggy. It crashed and would not detect the printer at all. There's pathetic operation #1.

#2, it will not scan. There's no FAQ for this with HP/HPLIP/Linux since HP is another Windoze company. Whoah, where is this great opensource support I heard all about?

Basically, any company just has to have the word, 'opensource' beside it on their web page or someplace and then the Linux-based opensource nuts come out of the woodworks with their clubs and flags in hand. Pathetic.

Not a care about if the product works or if the support works properly or if it's even substantially supported via opensource. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
        I don't need a laser printer. I already have one.

But, you guys should start a comedy team. It's really getting amusing.

I borrowed a HP Deskjet F4480 and I had to set it up using CUPS instead of the foomatic GUI which is totally useless and buggy. It crashed and would not detect the printer at all. There's pathetic operation #1.

#2, it will not scan. There's no FAQ for this with HP/HPLIP/Linux since HP is another Windoze company. Whoah, where is this great opensource support I heard all about?

Basically, any company just has to have the word, 'opensource' beside it on their web page or someplace and then the Linux-based opensource nuts come out of the woodworks with their clubs and flags in hand. Pathetic.

Not a care about if the product works or if the support works properly or if it's even substantially supported via opensource. What a joke.
        I have a feeling Im fighting a windmills here...

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
          I have a feeling Im fighting a windmills here...
          So, your response is to post to the forum my comments?

Okay, maybe the Russian water is a problem for you or something.

HP PRINTERS ARE GARBAGE. Deal with it.

Comment

Turn off your adblocker. I have posted three pictures for you: a screenshot with installed software for printing, Openoffice Writer with your response, HP utility showing I have printed it out and scanned it back, xSANE preview for your response that was printed on B209 and scanned by it.

I also posted two 12Mpix images unscaled so you can stop doubting of the printer I have and the printer with your response printed near it.

HP WORKS PERFECTLY and you, Sir, are a liar, troll and pointless person. DEAL WITH IT.

PS: If you or anyone else do not believe that HP works - go for it: post me a task to print or scan something and I will do it as a proof.

PPS: I have not expected it from you, Panix. This is one of the reasons I took time to post such detailed answers to help with your problem.

PPPS: Have fun with your furnace.

Comment

FYI I speak four languages.

Comment

[B]HP WORKS PERFECTLY
                I don't have to read any more of your post after such comments. Because one fluky printer works proves nothing.

There's tons of references to HP printers working poorly or not at all how they're supposed to. I stated normal operation of 3 HP printers I have tried have failed, in particular, scanning functionality. The rep of HP software is poor and well known.

The pattern is a small fractional percentage might work but then your version or definition of 'working' is probably different anyway.

Comment

FYI I speak four languages.
                  So? I don't care if you can speak 10 or 20 languages. I'm not here for language tips.

You seem to just want to beat your chest and cause friction.

So, when these types of posts are presented, they mean nothing, huh?

Do others a favor and don't bother with your great printer. I really don't care.

Comment

Can we go back to regular programing?

Comment

I don't have to read any more of your post after such comments.
                      Look at your comments first.

Because one fluky printer works proves nothing.
                      Yes, my printer does *street magic*, you know.

The pattern is a small fractional percentage might work but then your version or definition of 'working' is probably different anyway.
                      If my definition of "working" is different from your definition of "working" why was I able to publish your "speech" on my "working" "small fractional percentage", whilst you assume, from your "possible" tests, that 3 printers define whole global amount of all HP printers available, instead of using your head to narrow the problem to specific cause or RMA it.

So? I don't care if you can speak 10 or 20 languages. I'm not here for language tips.
                      Apparently you are.

You seem to just want to beat your chest and cause friction.
                      I was here to help you solve your problem. Then it *suddenly* seems you don't have any and is here for trolls. Who is causing friction, Unlubricated One?

So, when these types of posts are presented, they mean nothing, huh?

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/...readId=1224840
                      Your are as seeking for the solution, as "Stephen R Smith" from that thread. Im not HP representative and this is just a normal guarantee case.

Do others a favor and don't bother with your great printer. I really don't care.
                      It is not against the forum rules to help someone posting the problem. Lying, bashing and trolling however are.

I assume your "problem" stopped existing, whilst I had on HP in linux had zero of them; so for me, this thread is closed regardless of what or whom you troll further.

Comment

Working...
                      X