View Poll Results: Do You Want Qaridium Banned?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please turn it off

    13 37.14%
  • No, it's okay

    13 37.14%
  • Who?

    9 25.71%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 100

Thread: Ban Qaridium

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    Troll calls someone troll?
    Except I wasn't trolling, I was just pointing out a difference in the renderings, and speculating as to what I thought could be causing it. Q responded with a rant about open vs. closed-source software, which is not only completely beside the point, but was offensive to *me* because he obviously thinks I'm some kind of anti-open-source zealot. Which, by the way, couldn't be further from the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    Well feel free to open thread to ban yourself, Mango. Or did I miss something?
    You want to play the quoting game? I can play the quoting game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i don't care about "Trolling" ALL try to troll is a JOKE compare to the Reality!

    Bridgman is the biggest Windows+Catalyst-Troll in this "Linux" forum.

    nobody with a "Brain" can take him seriously !

    his message is: if you do have a problem with your modem(ati-graphic-card) then the best solution is to buy windows vista and drive your modem(ati-graphic card) with vista.--> resistance is futile,resistance is futile,resistance is futile,resistance is futile
    The "fun" starts a bit before this, but here's where the signs of madness begin to creep in. It has nothing to do with the topic, and I don't know about you, but if I posted the same thing four times in a row on the end of a sentence, I'd start to look a bit odd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    just for the record I'm not the one how starts the "bridgman" shit-storm.

    i just point out that the reality is more shit than every try to be a Troll.
    The only '"bridgman" shit-storm" at this point is Q's own insulting posts about him. russofris may have been the first to mention his name, but that was in a clearly labelled, deliberate example of trolling, complete with an apology underneath.

    Now the real crazy starts...

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    WTF you are a hardcore fundamentalist! You really think you can speak for everyone in the world.

    this is nothing more than mental Fascism !
    I'm not sure what a "hardcore fundamentalist" is, or what "mental Fascism" is, but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be insulting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    no i just make thinks clear you are a fascist! its pointless to arguing with an fascist.
    Yeah... and it's pointless arguing someone who doesn't even try to make a point, they just resort to calling people fascists.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    the problem is not my definition the problem is your taste you just don't have the same taste and because of this your Mental Fascism force you to blame me.
    Again with the fascism. I would recommend reading the whole post I took that from, actually; it may be full of supposed "irony tags", but it's still pretty low.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    The fascist calling for censorship ..
    No, just someone who's sick of you derailing the thread calling for you to post something on-topic or stop posting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    if you claim you speak for all humans only because you don't understand an ironic(or not ironic this makes no difference) post then you are really sick in your mind and only Fascist people think in this Fundamentalist way.

    "and I find it rather insulting to be called one."

    if this is a problem for you then speak for yourself and your buddys but not for "all humans".

    for you and your fascist buddys its not irony and not funny and your mental racism clan want do burn other ideas with fire!

    fine! NOT! But i do not share your way of thinking.
    Again, more accusations of fascism and racism. Nothing to do with the topic, just personal insults.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    you fail to make a difference between a insult "personal attack" and a ''''statement of fact''''

    A Mental Nazi or Mental Racist or Mental Fascist think he has the only True 'thinking' and he can speak for ALL people in the world and because of this he think he can use his words as a absolute truth-utterances Weapon !

    i only point out this FACT! no one can say that ALL people can't read a Ironic point in a Ironic market sentence only because he think or his buddies think its not ironic.

    and this is the biggest "Irony" you really think you are "Right" but not only Right you think you have the absolute holy truth for ALL HUMANS but this only prove me right and because of this my writing is a ''''statement of fact'''' and this is protected by the Freedom of Speech !
    More accusations of racism, fascism, and now Nazism. He's also started claiming his personal attacks are actually a "statement of fact". Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    you are not good at lying because: "as I stay within the per-month data allocation." only means your per-month data allocation is ZERO Mega-Byte LOL!

    AND!!!!!!!!!!! you don't have connection if the weather is bad. This means you are only a nice weather open source supporter.

    your Closed source modem fucks you like 'AMD/ATI fucks ALL Opensource-Xbox360-Xenos Graphic chip users!

    but you can show me the opensource (or closed source) Linux(bsd/solaris) driver for the Xenos-ATI/AMD Graphic chip hardware! (you can'T)

    IF a Opensource USER BUY 'AMD hardware for example XENOS-Graphic chip based hardware he is just FUCKED! Like you are FUCKED by your MODEM!

    the Xbox360-Xenos Graphic chip prove the Opensource/(closed source) Linux support from AMD is a LIE!
    He's now started an argument with bridgman, calling him a liar and repeatedly using unnecessary bad language. I should remind readers at this point that this is in a thread entitled "Image Quality Comparison: Radeon Gallium3D vs. Catalyst", not "Qaridarium's Crazy Rant Corner".

    Enough quotes there for you? There's a reason I linked to the whole thread; I wasn't "doing it wrong", I was hoping you would actually read the thread. The above is just part of what you missed, and the thread is still open.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    258

    Default

    I think most of you missed a very important aspect of this guy: he generates discussion, and thus revenue. Now, this site is right now built almost strictly on revenue (otherwise you couldn't explain such useless posts as 'Miguel de Icaza Calls For More Mono, C# Games', unless you knew who the author is)

    This logic dictates that the probability of this guy getting banned is just about 0. In fact, I'm so sure of it that I'm willing to pledge a 6 month premium membership here ($20) if this guy gets banned. Not that I want him to, I just don't believe it will ever happen.
    Last edited by susikala; 02-16-2012 at 06:21 AM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    That's a very cynical attitude - but unfortunately, that doesn't make it wrong, and I find myself agreeing with most of what you said. Sad but true.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    This was just as expected. Go troll somewhere else, microjunkie.
    You're joking, right?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Finland
    Posts
    32

    Thumbs down Poll is closed

    Hey you closed the poll way too early

    +1 from here to ban.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xemanth View Post
    Hey you closed the poll way too early

    +1 from here to ban.
    Seconding this.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xemanth View Post
    Hey you closed the poll way too early
    +1 from here to ban.
    Feel free to make a new one. You know which way I'll vote...

    BTW, I don't really care about the off-topic political threads he posts about the Fourth Reich or whatever he's advocating. It's threadjacking the technical news threads that sucks. Simply ignoring one poster does not work when s/he's provoking lots of other people (and usually not in a positive way).

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    257

    Default Don't ban him, please!

    Well, I can't vote this thread, but I think we shouldn't ban Qaridarium, simply because almost every thread he starts makes you laugh... Sometimes when I'm tired, I just come here to the forums just to see a Qaridarium's post/thread...

    Cheers

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,173

    Default He also derails every other thread he gets into, which is annoying

    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Well, I can't vote this thread, but I think we shouldn't ban Qaridarium, simply because almost every thread he starts makes you laugh... Sometimes when I'm tired, I just come here to the forums just to see a Qaridarium's post/thread...

    Cheers
    What we need is some option to let him start threads and post on those, but not on existing threads that others have created.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    What we need is some option to let him start threads and post on those, but not on existing threads that others have created.
    I would rather put him on probation: 1 post a day, no more than 150 words. It's more a measure of self-restriction where he can show that he wants to take part in the community but likewise follow the requirements of a community.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •