Ban Qaridium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    What is NOT tolerable, on the other hand, is a mix of both combined with idiocy, stubborness, malice, inconsiderate behavior, being so full of oneself and more importantly, the belief that freedom of speech implies an entitlement to freedom to disrupt, freedom to make personal attacks, freedom to insult, freedom to slander / defame, etc etc.

Which, as most people aptly put it, is what is known as being a complete and utter jerk / @$Sh0le.

Which that Q person definitely is in every sense of the word.
    Thanks I needed to read an ironic post today.

Comment

Originally posted by mangobrain View Post
      So Qaridarium should be allowed to continue insulting people, accusing them of being Nazis, whilst someone who accidentally revives an old thread should be prevented from posting for 10 days?

*facepalm*

Seriously, some of Q's posts in this thread are just despicable. I, for one, clicked the report link on a couple of them.
      http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...3D-vs-Catalyst
      Yes, and Yes.

What part of Forum rules has he broken?

You pasted the URL improperly, you need to paste single post URL.
      Lets just analyse Q behavoir from that thread to cut down who is trolling, no?

First posts by Q:
      Originally posted by Qaridarium
      in my point of view the catalyst is just broken!

they only get more fps speed by hurting the image quality.
      are you kidding? the catalyst only do have wrong colors on the "warrior" picture.
      reverence software renderer!
      the question is not what "looks better" the question is : what is the reverence !
      hey I'm really sick of these driver "optimizations" cutting down the quality
      i want 100% reference software rendering quality with RS-SSAA and the maximum AF quality.
      i don't want shit on my screen.
      because of this i love the opensource drivers because they don't put shit on my screen.
      I see no problem with posts above. Comment, if different.
      Now it gets interesting, as he commented your post and you started to develop his opposite opinion into personal vendetta.
      Lets see, you answer to one guy with this:
      I think what's *actually* going here is that both r300g and r600g are rendering the bloom in the wrong place in the "Enemy" scene. It's been shunted down quite a lot, and possibly left a bit, compared to where it's supposed to be. This explains the odd pink glow on the floor, the dim wall pattern overlaid on top of the enemy, and the white glow to the side of the weapon muzzle: none of these are present in the Catalyst rendering, but the areas which *should* be bright are noticeably brighter.

IMHO, this isn't a difference in image quality, it's just a bug in the open-source drivers. Or - possibly, but less likely - a bug in Nexuiz which does not manifest itself when using Catalyst due to differences in driver code.
      Q responds with this:
      ati+nvidia have a long history in cheating by closed source driver tricks.
      back in the time Quake3 comes out ati cheats 400% of speed by turning the quality to ZERO.
      nothing new here nothing special but i don't believe the open source drivers "Cheat"
      and i don't believe in magic bugs in opensource software opensource software tent to be bug free compared to the complete hopeless bugged closed source software.

there are scientific studies about bugs in open vs closed software and all studies say the same: open software do have less bugs.

there are not 1 single study with the result that closed software is more bugfree than open software.
      All what he says is CORRECT, because everyone knows it already started with antialiasing cheats inside windows driver and nvidia was accussed about it very long time ago; then ati did that too, so now there is no such thing as "quality picture" from home segment closed driver. Everyone knows why "consumers" buy cards from opponents - because the opponent gives better FPS for same money - and by use of cheating drivers there can be performance gains - which give that non-reference rendering.
      Q is correct.

Now you:
      What, you think I'm trolling, or somehow implying that closed-source software is better? Oh, teh lulz

I'm just pointing out that, in this specific scene, with these specific drivers, there appears to be a rendering issue. I'm not saying the closed-source drivers are perfect, or ever have been; all graphics card vendors have had major driver issues, and will continue to do so, purely due to the complexity of the drivers themselves, the complexity of the hardware, and the complexity of applications running on top of the drivers. However, the open-source drivers aren't perfect yet. I hope that one day they will be, but at the moment, they're not.

Also, hinting that Nexuiz might possibly have a bug doesn't mean I'm saying it's crap. I'm a programmer by profession, I deal with a lot of bugs in code both I and others have written, day after day.

To prove that I'm not in anyway biased against the drivers, here's a snippet of output from glxinfo on my box, which I ran just now, especially for you:

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAYMAN
      OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0

See that? Yup, I'm using r600g as I type this.
      You start to offend Q. You. But its ok, because its personal opinion?! If you say "yes", then you contradict yourself as you should also be banned if Q gets banned. Troll calls someone troll?

Q does not respond to your answer, another person complains that Michael should be using PNG instead of JPG, due to JPG compression possible artifacts, including on results of phoronix automatic diff-tool, and Q does a joke on his post:
      Ironic: he only use jpeg because its opensource and png is bad closed source software!
      Im not native english speaker, but even I understood that it was irony and Q. knows it is opensource. Apparently you do not and you start to offend Q once again:
      lolwhut? http://www.libpng.org/

Seriously, that's not even trolling, that's just ignorance.
      And so on.

Well feel free to open thread to ban yourself, Mango. Or did I miss something?

Comment

Yes, I posted in an old thread. I did so as my forum search for "ignore" came up with this exact thread. I found the ignore option eventually fwiw.

People say he's thought provoking at times (very few)? I attribute most of that sentiment to his rambling and incoherent thought processes which will surely make you think in order to decipher whatever he's trying to convey. Language barriers are one thing, crazy is another. All too often threads are becoming derailed because of his posts. Not every single thread needs the evils of Nvidia binaries beat to death, or the idiocy of those not willing to fully embrace open source. God forbid someone just use a paid for tool or binary driver to make a little scratch! (Windows/OSX/Linux) daily user here. Back to Visual Studio and Xcode!

Comment

Ban

Vote to ban, though there's a notion in the back of my brain that thinks that someone has asked him to be here in order to increase clicks/activity.

Comment

So I was reading that image quality thread... JPEG should be used anyway because PNG is buggy! For over 10 years it didn't work right in a widely used web browser!! PNG is obviously problematic!!!

Comment

Now what is this thread alive again? Banning Q will make this place less fun as we need someone to keep things lively.

Comment

Originally posted by korrode View Post
                So I was reading that image quality thread... JPEG should be used anyway because PNG is buggy! For over 10 years it didn't work right in a widely used web browser!! PNG is obviously problematic!!!

I see what you did here.

Comment

its true that mostly it takes 2 sides for an argumentation. yet the posts that follow the ones that have been postet are from a different league. interestingly you have just stopped quoting where it gets harsh
                  there are 9 pages filled with all the information that there is something wrong with the rendering, and that closed drivers tend to cheat to get fps - yet seem to render correctly.
                  Its hardly any use trying to educate someone who is probably grown up and absolutely not willing to understand - although its somehow kind and human.
                  Yet there is chance he will understand that certain posts are unacceptable after a (temporary?) ban - at least from writing - he should not be banned from viewing his and others posts though.

for how long?
                  to put it his way:
                  ironic: until he learns to speak/write english properly

Comment

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
                    *crap*
                    ... Back to Visual Studio and Xcode!
                    This was just as expected. Go troll somewhere else, microjunkie.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                      Troll calls someone troll?
                      Except I wasn't trolling, I was just pointing out a difference in the renderings, and speculating as to what I thought could be causing it. Q responded with a rant about open vs. closed-source software, which is not only completely beside the point, but was offensive to *me* because he obviously thinks I'm some kind of anti-open-source zealot. Which, by the way, couldn't be further from the truth.

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                      Well feel free to open thread to ban yourself, Mango. Or did I miss something?
                      You want to play the quoting game? I can play the quoting game.

i don't care about "Trolling" ALL try to troll is a JOKE compare to the Reality!

Bridgman is the biggest Windows+Catalyst-Troll in this "Linux" forum.

nobody with a "Brain" can take him seriously !

his message is: if you do have a problem with your modem(ati-graphic-card) then the best solution is to buy windows vista and drive your modem(ati-graphic card) with vista.--> resistance is futile,resistance is futile,resistance is futile,resistance is futile
                      The "fun" starts a bit before this, but here's where the signs of madness begin to creep in. It has nothing to do with the topic, and I don't know about you, but if I posted the same thing four times in a row on the end of a sentence, I'd start to look a bit odd.

just for the record I'm not the one how starts the "bridgman" shit-storm.

i just point out that the reality is more shit than every try to be a Troll.
                      The only '"bridgman" shit-storm" at this point is Q's own insulting posts about him. russofris may have been the first to mention his name, but that was in a clearly labelled, deliberate example of trolling, complete with an apology underneath.

Now the real crazy starts...

WTF you are a hardcore fundamentalist! You really think you can speak for everyone in the world.

this is nothing more than mental Fascism !
                      I'm not sure what a "hardcore fundamentalist" is, or what "mental Fascism" is, but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be insulting.

no i just make thinks clear you are a fascist! its pointless to arguing with an fascist.
                      Yeah... and it's pointless arguing someone who doesn't even try to make a point, they just resort to calling people fascists.

the problem is not my definition the problem is your taste you just don't have the same taste and because of this your Mental Fascism force you to blame me.
                      Again with the fascism. I would recommend reading the whole post I took that from, actually; it may be full of supposed "irony tags", but it's still pretty low.

The fascist calling for censorship ..
                      No, just someone who's sick of you derailing the thread calling for you to post something on-topic or stop posting.

if you claim you speak for all humans only because you don't understand an ironic(or not ironic this makes no difference) post then you are really sick in your mind and only Fascist people think in this Fundamentalist way.

"and I find it rather insulting to be called one."

if this is a problem for you then speak for yourself and your buddys but not for "all humans".

for you and your fascist buddys its not irony and not funny and your mental racism clan want do burn other ideas with fire!

fine! NOT! But i do not share your way of thinking.
                      Again, more accusations of fascism and racism. Nothing to do with the topic, just personal insults.

you fail to make a difference between a insult "personal attack" and a ''''statement of fact''''

A Mental Nazi or Mental Racist or Mental Fascist think he has the only True 'thinking' and he can speak for ALL people in the world and because of this he think he can use his words as a absolute truth-utterances Weapon !

i only point out this FACT! no one can say that ALL people can't read a Ironic point in a Ironic market sentence only because he think or his buddies think its not ironic.

and this is the biggest "Irony" you really think you are "Right" but not only Right you think you have the absolute holy truth for ALL HUMANS but this only prove me right and because of this my writing is a ''''statement of fact'''' and this is protected by the Freedom of Speech !
                      More accusations of racism, fascism, and now Nazism. He's also started claiming his personal attacks are actually a "statement of fact". Really?

you are not good at lying because: "as I stay within the per-month data allocation." only means your per-month data allocation is ZERO Mega-Byte LOL!

AND!!!!!!!!!!! you don't have connection if the weather is bad. This means you are only a nice weather open source supporter.

your Closed source modem fucks you like 'AMD/ATI fucks ALL Opensource-Xbox360-Xenos Graphic chip users!

but you can show me the opensource (or closed source) Linux(bsd/solaris) driver for the Xenos-ATI/AMD Graphic chip hardware! (you can'T)

IF a Opensource USER BUY 'AMD hardware for example XENOS-Graphic chip based hardware he is just FUCKED! Like you are FUCKED by your MODEM!

the Xbox360-Xenos Graphic chip prove the Opensource/(closed source) Linux support from AMD is a LIE!
                      He's now started an argument with bridgman, calling him a liar and repeatedly using unnecessary bad language. I should remind readers at this point that this is in a thread entitled "Image Quality Comparison: Radeon Gallium3D vs. Catalyst", not "Qaridarium's Crazy Rant Corner".

Enough quotes there for you? There's a reason I linked to the whole thread; I wasn't "doing it wrong", I was hoping you would actually read the thread. The above is just part of what you missed, and the thread is still open.

Comment

Working...
                      X