Ban Qaridium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
    Qaridium has gotten quite disruptive, more often than not derailing rather than adding to a thread. I don't care if he's banned though.

For sake of thread reading, is there an ignore feature on this forum?
    Holy necro batman and yes.

Comment

There are not good reasons to ban him. Here are the rules of this forum. Even if his English is not the best, it's understandable. And if he would be banned for flaming, there could be some more banned from the forum, like the thread starter

oh just see that this thread is pretty old, thats why this poll is closed.
      Last edited by Fenrin; 14 February 2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

If at least he would stop posting all this German economy, energy resources and political stuff. It's just spam and doesn't belong on a technical Linux forum.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          If at least he would stop posting all this German economy, energy resources and political stuff. It's just spam and doesn't belong on a technical Linux forum.
          Second that! I've been following Phoronix for 3-4 years now, and I'm really beginning to get fed up by the ramblings of Mr Q. Please, please, please take a moment and think a little before posting!

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            ...and he is posting it into technical forum sections??! And he is forcing you read it? And Michael did not post about beer? And this forum is just log dump?! And coding is the only way to help opensource??!

Q believes pretty strong in opensource graphics and he just spends many hours here. He is not a graphic stack programmer, as near 97% of posters here; and I did not find his posts spamming or provoking, he did helped opensource indirectly A LOT already.

This is why I ask Michael to give 10 days read-only to this necro topic reviver.

Comment

So Qaridarium should be allowed to continue insulting people, accusing them of being Nazis, whilst someone who accidentally revives an old thread should be prevented from posting for 10 days?

*facepalm*

Seriously, some of Q's posts in this thread are just despicable. I, for one, clicked the report link on a couple of them.
              Discussion of Mesa / Gallium3D components for Linux and other operating systems. This includes open-source 3D hardware drivers, state trackers, OpenCL, OpenGL, Vulkan, and SPIR-V support.

Comment

LMAO!

Q is much like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_%28Star_Trek%29
                Good for a laugh.
                Disruptive, annoying, full of himself, but generally thought provoking and has honorable objectives.

And though I've had plenty of heated arguments with Q over a huge range of topics, I greatly appreciate what he brings to this forum.
                Most of us here are adults, others are learning to become adults. Either way, everyone here should be perfectly able to handle a bit of wacky Q without resorting to "telling on him". Just wow --> talk about grade school solutions! Time to grow up.

Now enough with the zombie topics.
                Last edited by droidhacker; 15 February 2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                  LMAO!

Disruptive, annoying, full of himself, but generally thought provoking and has honorable objectives.
                  what are these honorable objectives? Proving everyone is a clueless nazi idiot?

Comment

Ignorance is one thing, stupidity is another. but both are perfectly tolerable.

What is NOT tolerable, on the other hand, is a mix of both combined with idiocy, stubborness, malice, inconsiderate behavior, being so full of oneself and more importantly, the belief that freedom of speech implies an entitlement to freedom to disrupt, freedom to make personal attacks, freedom to insult, freedom to slander / defame, etc etc.

Which, as most people aptly put it, is what is known as being a complete and utter jerk / @$Sh0le.

Which that Q person definitely is in every sense of the word.

And, might I point out, there is nothing about his posts that can even be remotely considered as 'thought-provoking' or 'good-intentioned'. Arguing with mobile developers about how '32-bit is trash' and 'I WANT 64-bit PROCESSORS IN MY TABLETS WITH 8GB OF RAM' without even taking into account the typical 2-4 days battery life of such devices, or accusing NVIDIA and AMD of manipulating 3D rendering quality in their drivers to achieve FPS speeds that put the open drivers to shame and offering ZERO proof of such foul play stinks of stupidity and idiocy on a level higher than the world's tallest building to date (which is Malaysia's Petronas Twin Towers, IIRC).
                    Last edited by Sonadow; 15 February 2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I don't post often, but it would be a shame to see Qaridarium go. I like his posts, even if they are occasionally difficult to read. I feel they add value to the discussion.

Comment

Working...
                      X