3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D

I have seen a few announcements concerning 3D demonstrations at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show:

AMD to showcase stereoscopic Blu-ray 3D at DES 2010

Another article:
    LG display rolls out 3D LCDs with full HD resolution

Great stuff! A push in 3D gaming and movies will push the technology forward and prices down. I hope someone remembers to put out some drivers for Linux so I can make use of that hardware for scientific modeling. I still have some bulky 120 Hz CRTs, which are old and getting hard to find.

Great, so they're pushing for the same headache-tech as they use in the theater? No thanks.

Comment

Ahh, queue the usual "I once got a headache when using a cheap product so the technology must suck".
      Yeah, back then I had shutter glasses bundled with my cheap nvidia card, tried it with UT and got a headache. Why? Because my monitor couldn't do 120Hz+, because the sync was way off (when closing one eye, I could still see a faint image of the other eye's frame) and because the 2D-HUD was completely broken and threw off my depth-perception.

Technology has improved since then. Granted, there's still a percentage of users getting a headache, but is that a reason to deny the technology to everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
        Ahh, queue the usual "I once got a headache when using a cheap product so the technology must suck".
        Read pal, I said THEATER. Not shutterglasses.

Comment

Working...
        X