KDE Software Compilation 4.3.4 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Oh boy... am I glad that my eyes aren't that good anymore and I refuse to wear glasses xD
    Well this thread is already senseless so im sure another post by me couldn't make it any worse.

You know when you go to get your eyes tested and you are asked to read various sized letters. You know the ones on the bottom? The ones your not supposed to be able to read?, yea, i read them. And it wasn't by being a religious KDE freak. Perhaps KDE causes its users to go blind, and as a result features such as font scaling are added.

Its a wild comment, but its as good as anything anyone else has posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
      [...] yea, i read them. And it wasn't by being a religious KDE freak. Perhaps KDE causes its users to go blind, and as a result features such as font scaling are added.
      Nah... My vision started decreasing when I was still using Gnome. It must have happened in order to prevent me from scratching out my own eyeballs. Ever since I started using KDE it stopped.

Comment

Default KDE 4.xxx has one thing really wrong! - No Xsnow.

Hi Yall,

while being back in the land of The Gnome, I thought I would give Compiz a try, just to see how XGLsnow, would look with XSNOW.

*WOW*

I really like it. Also, my vision has not been robbed of me, nor have I been struck by lightening or some such dire fate.... ;-)

Watching video is ok too, with the FGLRX driver. The bad issues I had while in KDE 4.xxxx, seem to have gone. I am very surprised by that, cause most of this discussion, is that the video tearing, was wm independent.

I've been a KDE guys, since 1998. Hmmm....

In the mean time, xmouse is playing nicely on my desktop.

*BFN*

GreekGeek :-)

Comment

Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
          Hi Yall,

while being back in the land of The Gnome, I thought I would give Compiz a try, just to see how XGLsnow, would look with XSNOW.

*WOW*
          Another one sees teh light, nice!

I really like it. Also, my vision has not been robbed of me, nor have I been struck by lightening or some such dire fate.... ;-)
          But don't tempt the Fates...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
            Another one sees teh light, nice!
            All Gnome Vs. KDE friendly flaming aside, Gnome has of course changed less than KDE. That means that it's awfully mature and stable. While KDE gets about 10.000 bug fixes on avarage with each release, it's only natural that Gnome works more like it actually suppose to work

Comment

Originally posted by yotambien View Post
              I know I'm with the minority about this, but I find it incredible that you don't notice the colour bleeding in those fonts. They look wrong at any distance. From far away I can tell that there's something wrong with them and I unconsciously try to constantly re-focus my eyes on the screen. From a closer distance, on the other hand, you notice all the not-so-sublte tricks the antialiasing and subpixel rendering do. It may have something to do with different sensitivities to colour and contrast among different individuals.
              I hate sub-pixel hinting too. The color bleed is killing me.

Comment

Working...
              X