X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 7.7 Is In Sight With Release Candidate

Phoronix: Mesa 7.7 Is In Sight With Release Candidate

M..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"unstable" rather than "experimental".... whats this supposed to be meaning?
    is it better or worse? or simply different: some things got implemented but use to crash....???

still nice to see some "improvement", thx for the work

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I would pick "experimental" over "unstable" any day

The states on the RadeonFeature page seems more intuitive - using that terminology the 300g Gallium3D driver would go from "WIP" to "Mostly".
      Test signature

Comment

Meh. Now that I've been running git checkouts of Mesa/xf86-video-ati/libdrm for a few months, I don't think I can give up my addiction just for an actual point release.

My OpenGL string recently changed from 7.7-dev to 7.8-dev. How can I go back to something older? I like the performance of Urban Terror, Neverball, etc. Why downgrade to 7.7, whenever it's released, in the name of "stability?" My RadeonHD 4550 scoffs at stability! Bleeding edge, man! Remember, if it's not painful, you're not doing it right.

Comment

Working...
        X