eee Top ET1602 - a strange PC with even weirder graphics bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eee Top ET1602 - a strange PC with even weirder graphics bugs

So I've just got one of these and done a straightforward install of Debian lenny+sid on it. It works for the most part (the wifi was surprisingly painless), with the exception of a few buttons and the touchscreen that I can't be bothered to figure out today.

The graphics experience has been more insane than I'm used to. Can anyone enlighten me to what's going on here?
    • In the debian ncurses installer (which I think sets an 80x34 text mode?), the screen is barely readable, flickering, with the bottom wrapping around to the top. Normal 80x25 text console is fine until I use the ncurses thing, whereupon it starts doing the same.
    • It claims there are two LVDS devices. Given that it has no video output ports and the screen is built into the computer, I don't think that's correct. The actual visible screen is the second one.
    • It works without xorg.conf, but if I create one, kdm breaks. I suspect that's kdm's fault though.

As a side note, I don't think I've got KMS turned on yet. Will enabling that fix any of the above?
Working...
X