Ubuntu is NOT a part of community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mirv View Post
    I think is appropriate here: Pak'mar'a weren't very good at fighting, but were great intelligence gatherers for the Rangers (and for people who don't understand the reference, go watch Babylon 5). I think it's fairly safe to say that Ubuntu has helped Linux (GNU/Linux) adoption, and that will indirectly help the community at any rate, regardless of direct code contributions. More people using linux will generate more interest, more development, etc etc etc. Next to that kind of influence, direct code contributions are just icing on the cake (at least, that's how I see it).
    I whole hartedly agree with this myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by mugginz View Post
      You want to slam Mark, but then when it's shown he does good things, you want to distance your comment from him.... Good work there.
      Quotation needed

You have been discussing the whole stack for quite a while now.
      I am not Greg Kroah Hartman right?

Comment

• Ubuntu "Contribution" graphically:

Comment

• Originally posted by mirv View Post
          I think is appropriate here: Pak'mar'a weren't very good at fighting, but were great intelligence gatherers for the Rangers (and for people who don't understand the reference, go watch Babylon 5). I think it's fairly safe to say that Ubuntu has helped Linux (GNU/Linux) adoption, and that will indirectly help the community at any rate, regardless of direct code contributions. More people using linux will generate more interest, more development, etc etc etc. Next to that kind of influence, direct code contributions are just icing on the cake (at least, that's how I see it).
          Nah, Ubuntu only contribute like 0.1% of all kernel patches. AFAIK they don't give anything back to Gnome/KDE either. They are just being blood-leeching parasitic, err, parasites that use other people's hard work to attract naive users and brainswash them into ubuntards, before unleashing them to the world to proclaim how great Ubuntu is and rig distro usage statistics in the name of Shuttleworth, the spaceman!!1one

At least that's how some people here see it (and by some people I mean next9).

Sorry, I couldn't resist, there was too much logic in your post. We can't let the voice of reason prevail on this thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by next9 View Post
            Quotation needed
            Quotation provided.

Originally posted by next9 View Post
            Shutlleworth, former Debian developer is not Ubuntu. He is a person, right?

Originally posted by next9 View Post
            I am not Greg Kroah Hartman right?
            You stand by statements you have made right?

Comment

You forgot to include some of the comments from that page.

eco2geek - October 10, 2007 at 07:34:39 GMT

Bon Dieu! You're forgetting all the important packages Ubuntu's contributed back to Debian! Like update-manager and update-notifier! And, um, well, um, let's see...um...
              Wow, I would have never thought of that. So you're basically saying that the Ubuntu people are using GPL'd Debian sources in ways that GPL allows?

I guess they should change the license into something less permissive. Those parasites at Canonical must be stopped at any cost. Let's not forget what permissive licenses did to Wine, they had to change the license in order to stop parasites like Cedega.

Oh, would you like fries with that hypocrisy?
              Oh dear, see I can become selective with info too.

Comment

• Real world Example of Canonical parasitism. Isn't it funny?

Re: Ubuntu Xorg Guru calls for help. Was Re: Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Comment

So when Fedora was using Apport was that parasitism?

Comment

• This is the referenced article: http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online...r-Desktop-Help

and I don't see anything talking about Ubuntu parasitism in there. In other words, you just provided a "real world example" of a quotation fail.

Comment

Bulshit. I never started that, It were you idiots blaming Greg speaking about Linux (kernel), that KDE/GNOME are part of the Linux (system) too. You are pedantic idiots, not others, because you use Linux in colloquial way, and blame developer for using it in original way.
                      Some people just base on what's in this thread and didn't listen to Greg's talk, so they couldn't know if Greg was talking only about Linux (kernel) or also about Linux distributions. There's also possibility Greg calls Linux distros just Linux, because he's not gnu's fanboy and/or he doesn't like to call them another way. Btw. a proof that Greg doesn't call Linux distros just Linux needed.

If Greg said:

KDE and Gnome aren't relevant, or part of Linux, because KDE and Gnome can also run on FreeBSD and OpenSolaris as well
                      He [also] meant Linux as entire OS, because Freebsd and Opensolaris are entire OS'es. So you called him a pedantic idiot, right?
                      Last edited by kraftman; 07 December 2009, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X