Need few packages for installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need few packages for installation

I need the following packages to keep my system uptodate. These packages are not present in Solaris U7. I didnt get these packages from Sun freeware site.

Please help me where i can get these packages?
    IS94de812
    ISCbemBui
    ISCbemCli
    ISCsmMult
    ISHelpMul
    ISJavaMul
    ISLockhar
    ISSadeCli
    ISSsmMult
    ISSunStor
    ISa974c6c
    IScbembui
    IScbemcli
    ISd4d0026
    ISfb91cb1
    ISjavaAss
    ISonlineh
    ISsadecli
    NBSMpre
    SFWxaw3d
    SFWungif
    SFWtop
    SFWemacs
    SFWgcmn
    SFWlexpt
    SFWncur
    SFWrsync
    SMCgtk+
    SUNWc2540
    SUNWc6130
    SUNWc6140
    SUNWc6540
    SUNWfruip
    SUNWpsvrr
    SUNWpsvru

Rgrds,
    Ram.

SFW can be got either from the sun freeware site, or from the companion CD on Suns solaris page.

SUNW should be included on the CD/DVD that you installed the Solaris from, or can be added via patches if you have a support contract.

Actually I've seen that you're cross posting this _everywhere_ on the web.

Oracle Forums is a community platform where you can discuss Oracle products and services, collaborate with peers, and connect with Oracle experts.

and i see your thread on OpenSolaris.org has been removed.

Comment

I downladed few packages from SUN freeware website. It installs the package with name 'SMC....'. But the required package to be installed is 'SFW....' My question is whether these both packages i.e. 'SFW...' and 'SMC...' are similar. If not where can i get those packages?

Comment

If you have recently downloaded solaris 10 images go to suns website http://www.sun.com/solaris and click on "My account" then go to "Download History" and click on the Solaris download ...

from there you should be able to download the companion CD and all the SFW packages for your Solaris will be on there.

otherwise you could try: http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/freeware/

I'd suggest downloading the whole cd even if you only want certain packages. you can always "lofiadm" the iso image and "mount -F hsfs /dev/lofi/1 /mnt/companion" or similar to acces sthe files without burning the CD.

Jon

Comment

Working...
        X