Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to customize cluster during solaris installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to customize cluster during solaris installation?

While performing, solaris 10 U7 interactive initial installation I selected 'End User System Support' software group as below:

Select Software __________________________________________________ _________

Select the Solaris software to install on the system.

NOTE: After selecting a software group, you can add or remove software by customizing it. However, this requires understanding of software dependencies and how Solaris software is packaged.

[ ] Entire Distribution plus OEM support ....... 6465.00 MB

[ ] Entire Distribution ........................ 6425.00 MB

[ ] Developer System Support ................... 6225.00 MB

[X] End User System Support .................... 5151.00 MB

[ ] Core System Support ........................ 1334.00 MB

[ ] Reduced Networking Core System Support ..... 1280.00 MB

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Esc-2_Continue F3_Go Back F4_Customize F5_Exit F6_Help

<< selected End User System Support and pressed Esc-4 to customize >>

I pressed ESC-4 to customize the software for End User System Support like below:

[ ] A Windows SMB/CIFS fileserver for UNIX....................... 0.00 MB

[ ] A set of Java Demo Applications - jdictionary, jdiskreport. > 0.00 MB

[ ] ABI............................................... ........... 0.00 MB

[ ] AST Graphics System Software Device Driver................... 0.00 MB

[!] Adaptec AdvanceRaid Controller SCSI HBA Driver............... 0.17 MB

[X] Admin/Install Java Extension Libraries....................... 0.18 MB

[ ] Apache 2................................................. .... 0.00 MB

[ ] Apache Common Logging........................................ 0.00 MB

Following are my questions:
    1) Is there a way to find the packages associated with the above listed softwares? (for example, if i select Admin/Install JAVA Extension Libraries, what are the packages will be installed?)
    2) Instead of customizing the software as above, is there any other way to directly install the packages during interactive initial installation for END user system support software group?
    3) With out customization, if i install all the softwares related to End User System Support software cluster group, i am able to see the output of /var/sadm/system/admin/CLUSTER as CLUSTER=SUNWCuser. But if i remove few softwares during customization, i am getting the CLUSTER output as "SUNWCmreq". What is the reason for this?
    4) Without customization if i install the Solaris 10 U& with End User system support (SUNWCuser), after successful installation if i remove few packages will the /var/sadm/system/admin/CLUSTER output persist with "SUNWCuser" value or will it change? If it changes, how to reclaim that with out adding the removed packages?

Thanks,
    Ram.
Working...
X