Bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios

Is there a way to catch bios calls or find out what calls I can make to the bios? I would like to start programming a little utility for my toshiba satellite p305 so that I can turn on/off the illumination(the leds on the media "keys" and the toshiba sign).

Basically I want to make a terminal based linux version of the Toshiba Hardware Setup Utility that they offer for winblows(which I have installed on another partition and have looked through the hex and tried running the program under wine with no success) so anyone have any ideas, or at least lead me in the right direction?

I'm willing to program it (I know a good amount of C/C++ and some very very basic assembly)

Originally posted by zeldaman55069 View Post
    Is there a way to catch bios calls or find out what calls I can make to the bios? I would like to start programming a little utility for my toshiba satellite p305 so that I can turn on/off the illumination(the leds on the media "keys" and the toshiba sign).

Basically I want to make a terminal based linux version of the Toshiba Hardware Setup Utility that they offer for winblows(which I have installed on another partition and have looked through the hex and tried running the program under wine with no success) so anyone have any ideas, or at least lead me in the right direction?

I'm willing to program it (I know a good amount of C/C++ and some very very basic assembly)
    I'm not too sure on how you could capture that info, but the people who would know would be at the coreboot project (maybe ask on the flashrom list there? they deal with flashing the bios, and may be able to advise you on how to trap BIOS calls.)

Comment

thanks for the reply and while in my pursuit of information I did stumble upon their website so i may go over there and see if I can't get some information

Comment

Working...
      X