Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Engine Picks Up Physical Cloth Effects

Phoronix: Unigine Engine Picks Up Physical Cloth Effects

While we are still waiting on the release of Unigine Heaven for Linux, the Unigine Corp developers continue advancing this multi-platform game engine. The latest code being worked on for this engine adds support for physical cloth along with physical wind that impacts physical cloth areas...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The first vid was a yawn. The second is damned impressive.

Comment

HTML 5 video, please?

Comment

the second and third... wowie. Code examples besides the vids would be nice to look at to.

edit: the other demo's on youtube are worth looking at to.
        Last edited by tmpdir; 18 November 2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

looks nice but it will probably eat your cpu alive if it isnt written for opencl

Comment

The 2nd movie looks a bit like mirror's edge when you shoot at flags. Would like to see a real game with it - maybe just a few levels, but something to shoot at would be fine.

Comment

Would someone make a game with it already! Oh, wait. They have a few demos out... must check when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by he_the_great View Post
                Would someone make a game with it already! Oh, wait. They have a few demos out... must check when I get home.
                They are working on nice games. But even if the engine can run on linux natively, that DOESN'T MEAN that the game editor will compile it for running on linux. Probably they will issue only a Windows client, perhaps a MacOS client.

But, after all, Unigine allows us to dream on having premium games on Linux... (and I don't blame Unigine with that, please, don't misunderstand my meanings).

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
                  They are working on nice games. But even if the engine can run on linux natively, that DOESN'T MEAN that the game editor will compile it for running on linux. Probably they will issue only a Windows client, perhaps a MacOS client.

But, after all, Unigine allows us to dream on having premium games on Linux... (and I don't blame Unigine with that, please, don't misunderstand my meanings).
                  I also didn't find any downloads. But I do realize the Game-Devs may not go for Linux even if they use Unigine. But I also think that would be a mistake.

Comment

sadly they will probably be windows games, "the linux market is too small" and/or microsoft paid them off.

for example : SteamPunk Studios, The game is targeted to PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. Personal Computer can mean windows, mac or linux. but would assume windows only.

also, how does this compare with ps3 graphics? what i see seems similar.

matt

Comment

Working...
                    X