Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 12 Released To The Wild

Phoronix: Fedora 12 Released To The Wild

It's one of the last major distribution updates coming out this year, but Fedora 12 (codenamed "Constantine") is now available. Fedora 12 features performance improvements, Ogg Theora 1.1 support, graphics improvements (including ATI kernel mode-setting by default), many virtualization improvements, PulseAudio improvements, Multi-Pointer X with X.Org 7.5 / X Server 1.7, and many other new features. The Fedora 12 release announcement can be read on the Fedora Wiki while the various spins of Fedora 12 can be downloaded at FedoraProject.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And not to mention experimental R6xx/7xx 3D !!!

Comment

Which package was it again to have R6xx/7xx 3D? The one you need to install.

Anyways, download the ISO now, Fedora 12 again seems to be a very interesting release. I don't like some of Fedora's decisions like SELinux, but features like being very uptodate, Delta RPMs etc. are great

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        Which package was it again to have R6xx/7xx 3D? The one you need to install.

Anyways, download the ISO now, Fedora 12 again seems to be a very interesting release. I don't like some of Fedora's decisions like SELinux, but features like being very uptodate, Delta RPMs etc. are great
        mesa-dri-drivers-experimental

Comment

Thanks to every single dev. Thanks you so much for this great operating system!

Comment

Took them long enough to get delta RPM support.

Comment

This release is simply brilliant! The mesa-dri-drivers-experimental package works flawlessly for my use (compiz + vlc video). Quick and zippy as always the case with Fedora, keep up the great work!

Comment

eqisow writes "The new default policy for Fedora 12 allows local, unprivileged users to install signed packages without root access. This change apparently went mostly unnoticed until after the Fedora 12 GA release, at which point it sparked a mailing list thread that is, as of this writing, over 10...

While I really like F12, I have not seen a ball dropped that hard for a while. Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by korpenkraxar View Post
                  http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/1...oot-Privileges

While I really like F12, I have not seen a ball dropped that hard for a while. Ouch!
                  That's a PackageKit change, not necessarily isolated to Fedora and is a "Feature".

Comment

KMS on my 200M is simply sexy . Really good release all around.

Comment

Working...
                    X