Hdmi-cec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hdmi-cec?

Simple short story. I'm building a HTPC. My TV supports HDMI-CEC. Does my integrated AMD card (HD4200) support it? Does any AMD card support it? Googled for about an hour to come up empty. Some AMD guys are known to read this forum, so please shed some light on this?

Sigh, does nobody know?

Comment

I asked a couple of people this week and didn't get any positive answers. Not entirely sure who to ask though, and it's a big place. We tend to be organized around APIs rather than wires coming out of the board though -- is there a standard API for controlling devices through HDMI-CEC that I could ask about instead ? All I could find on so far was a reference to a Toshiba laptop with some proprietary software that runs HDMI-CEC on an HD3650.

On the good news front, the posts I found gave me some clues about who to ask, so stay tuned.
      Last edited by bridgman; 20 November 2009, 01:54 AM.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        I asked a couple of people this week and didn't get any positive answers. Not entirely sure who to ask though, and it's a big place. We tend to be organized around APIs rather than wires coming out of the board though -- is there a standard API for controlling devices through HDMI-CEC that I could ask about instead ? All I could find on so far was a reference to a Toshiba laptop with some proprietary software that runs HDMI-CEC on an HD3650.

On the good news front, the posts I found gave me some clues about who to ask, so stay tuned.
        Thanks, good to hear that. I too found the reference to the toshiba thing. I also found a RS690 databook (http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...90_ds_3.04.pdf) that says 'CEC is not supported'. However my chipset is 785G which i haven't been able to find a databook for. So maybe if you get your hands on one you could find the appropriate passage in there.

Comment

I would love to to know if the HDMI CEC protocol is available on the HD3200 too. Controlling my PC via the TV remove over CEC would be an excellent addition to my HTPC.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

its probably wired up to a gpio somewhere just need to find out which one.

Comment

For the DVI->HDMI adapter case, it should be pretty easy to wire up a NXP TDA9950 (http://www.nxp.com/pip/TDA9950.html) CEC/I2C translator chip into it.

All you have todo then is implementing the CEC protocol, which should be pretty easy as soon the hardware part is done.

Comment

It has been almost 2 years now so I wonder if there is any update in this regard?

I can see this being quite usefull for media pc's connected via HDMI.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver View Post
                    It has been almost 2 years now so I wonder if there is any update in this regard?

I can see this being quite usefull for media pc's connected via HDMI.
                    I would be very interested in hearing about this, too.

Though more for Intel hardware, if possible. GMA HD specifically (i3 530). I found this thread over on the Intel forums, but there's not been much help.

Comment

Working...
                    X