Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 Released

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 Released

Continuing in the tradition of providing feature-rich, quarterly updates to the Phoronix Test Suite, Phoronix Media has announced the immediate availability of Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 (codenamed "Bardu"). Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 continues to expand the capabilities and feature set for this open-source testing framework with the introduction of many new features, a new graphical user-interface, numerous new test profiles and suites, and a public beta of the Phoromatic remote test management system.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It would be nice if PTS would have also some latency/responsiveness tests.
    Tests like copying a file, encoding a movie measure throughput. These tests are good, it gives us a measure of the hardware, os, client aps speed but they don't tell us how does it "feel". So it would be nice if there would be some tests that would tell us when comparing different hw or sw how does it feel. Does X "feel" faster than Y?

Comment

phoronix global

phoronix global is still a pain to use. Why can't you select multiple systems and show them next to each other without first having to do the test yourself. I want to select multiple tests to get a fair idea about a mean value with not to different setups and then perform my test.
      Current way to do this is browsing through all the available tests.
      Filters would be nice or something.

Some extra fields like 'raid' is kind of necessary if you want to search the database and you don't want all kind of values which are extremes due to raid being used when you yourself are just testing a new single disk.
      Last edited by uwgandalf; 16 November 2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karl View Post
        It would be nice if PTS would have also some latency/responsiveness tests.
        Tests like copying a file, encoding a movie measure throughput. These tests are good, it gives us a measure of the hardware, os, client aps speed but they don't tell us how does it "feel". So it would be nice if there would be some tests that would tell us when comparing different hw or sw how does it feel. Does X "feel" faster than Y?
        PTS is built upon an extensible architecture, you can easily make a profile and submit it for inclusion upstream
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by uwgandalf View Post
          phoronix global is still a pain to use. Why can't you select multiple systems and show them next to each other without first having to do the test yourself. I want to select multiple tests to get a fair idea about a mean value with not to different setups and then perform my test.
          Current way to do this is browsing through all the available tests.
          Filters would be nice or something.

Some extra fields like 'raid' is kind of necessary if you want to search the database and you don't want all kind of values which are extremes due to raid being used when you yourself are just testing a new single disk.
          Phoronix Global 2.0 will address your needs plus more. It's been a long time coming (the Phoronix Global update) as I can only do so much at once, but it will more than fulfill what you are looking for.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
          X