Corsair Dual-path Heat Xchange (DHX) Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Dual-path Heat Xchange (DHX) Memory

Fremont, CA (August 28th, 2006) ?Corsair? Memory, the worldwide leader in design and manufacture of high performance memory, today unveiled the latest innovation in high performance module design, Dual-path Heat Xchange (DHX?) technology. This performance and reliability enhancing technology will be available in the latest memory product line from Corsair also launched today, the DHX XMS2 DOMINATOR? Series. The advances provided by DHX enable the world?s first PC2-8888 C4 (1111MHz at CAS Latency 4) speed rating on a production pair of 1 GByte modules.

The DHX XMS2 DOMINATOR PC2-8888 C4 module will also feature a Corsair DOMINATOR Airflow fan that provides vastly increased air circulation through the module heat sink. To complement the launch of the PC2-8888 module Corsair will also offer a lower cost PC2-8500 C5 module for customers who want the added features of DHX without requiring the additional speed boost provided by the PC2-8888 C4 solution.

It looks very nice, but I'll wait on drawing any conclusions till we see this RAM first hand.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

I have some en route, and I can say it's not going to be worth the price ($650!!). I can say though, that for DDR2-1111 speeds, the 4-4-4-12 timings are incredibly nice. I have not been able to do that yet with any kits I have, and usually something like that would require more than 2.4v.

But ugh... the price =/

Comment

Today OCZ releases new RAM designed for the new DFI nF590 board.... DDR2-1120 @ 5-5-5-15. **Some other manufacturers will be attempting to beat it out in September

Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

That's motherboard specific ram though... it doesn't clock as well on other boards. The Corsair is still the winner thanks to the tighter timings though. But again, the price =\

OCZ's kit will prove a tad cheaper lol.

Comment

Working...
        X