ddr2 AND ddr3 in the same mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddr2 AND ddr3 in the same mobo

So, I've decided on a cpu: athlon ii x2 250 . And now I need to pick a mobo. I came across an article about a jetway mobo that had 2 separate sets of ram slots; you could use ddr3 OR ddr2. This would be an ideal setup, as my roommate will sell me a 2gb 800mhz set of ddr2 for $15, but I will want to be able to upgrade to ddr3 later. Obviously I'm trying to build cheap here, and I want the most bang per buck. I've not had much luck so far in tracking down a good full list of what mobos are available with this sort of hybrid ddr2/ddr3 ram capability.

So, can anyone give me a good list of the (amd) mobos which can do both ddr2 and ddr3?

(Preferrably with links to reviews)
    Last edited by amishrobots; 03 November 2009, 04:21 PM.

Another One...

i see now that MSI also has one of these "hybrid ram" boards, the 790GX-8D :

MSi is reaching out to touch the memory lover in every gamer with two very unique motherboards: the 790GX-SD and the P45-8D. What's so special about these boards? Read on...

so, thus far I've been able to find two, with little luck in finding them actually for sale anywhere, and few decent reviews available. Any others?

Comment

Usally it is not worth to switch later. Better use dual channel, gives more speed. Maybe your next board will need ddr4

Comment

ddr2 AND ddr3 in the same mobo

a lot of people have viewed this but no replies does anyone need any more information?

i will admit i am considering totally replacing the mobo cpu and ram but if i can fix it it would be great

Comment

Working...
        X