Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    Thank you,

I could not get that particular file to play properly for me without any acceleration, so I wonder if there is something wrong with the file. Did the other samples play accelerated?

Regards,

Aaron
    Negative, Aaron, they did not play as well with my same hardware/software config. Sorry, mate : (

Comment

• XVBA in Ubuntu 10.04?

I was wondering if XVBA worked in Ubuntu 10.04 with the catalyst 10.4 preview driver?

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
        I was wondering if XVBA worked in Ubuntu 10.04 with the catalyst 10.4 preview driver?
        I could not get xvba to work with Gwenole's packages, Ubuntu 10.04 beta 1 and an HD 2600. I'll test my other cards and report back.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineGrace View Post
          I could not get xvba to work with Gwenole's packages, Ubuntu 10.04 beta 1 and an HD 2600. I'll test my other cards and report back.
          I tried it out, and I couldn't get it working. I was using Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 2 and a Radeon HD 4650, with the Catalyst 10.4 preview drivers, of course.

Comment

• Interestingly enough Catalyst doesn't seem to work with the integrated Radeon HD 2100 in another computer on Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 2.

Comment

• The HD2100 uses an r4xx graphics core, which is not supported in the recent Catalyst drivers. Support starts with the R6xx graphics core, ie HD2400.
              Test signature

Comment

• Thanks for the help. The news sucks though... The performance isn't really great to begin with, let alone with the open source drivers.

Comment

• Once the Gallium3D driver and LLVM-compiled SW TCL starts working on your hardware you might be pleasantly surprised.

One of the biggest differences between the Catalyst driver and open source drivers on your chip was the software TCL code (aka running vertex shaders on the CPU). That code was pretty slow on classic mesa but apparently the LLVM compiler generates very efficient code, so hopefully you should see open source performance that is closer to Catalyst than what you have seen previously.

Don't think SW TCL is working yet on the Gallium3D driver but keep your eyes open for it.
                  Test signature

Comment

• It sounds like it will become a gaming solution The most easy way would be: install Kanotix, downgrade kernel to .28 (thats possible) and install fglrx - or just buy a NV card

Comment

• Meh, I don't believe in Nvidia I am thinking I am going to buy a Radeon HD 5450.

Comment

Working...
                      X